Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

what you think about which pet would be better.

Posted by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 1:31 PM
  • 108 Replies
My son's birthday is coming up. He wants a pet. We live with my sister and shortly we will be moving to our apartment. I think it's going to be a small place. I work a lot so that is a factor too. My son will be turning 7 years old.

Give me some ideas. I am sure you ladies experienced something like this before. thank you for your ideas.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 1:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jillbailey26
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 1:33 PM

Our boys got a beta fish for their starter pet.  We've always had cats though, but they weren't for them.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

MissTacoBell
by Taco Bell Princess on Mar. 10, 2013 at 1:36 PM
Rats are good. They can live in a cage. Birds are good but watch the breed. Cockatiels are good but they can be vicious and loud. Cats are demon spawn. Independent, but if you want one, get a kitten and get it fixed ASAP and SHOWER IT WITH LOVE AND affection. It will define its lifetime demeanor.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Momyplease
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 1:38 PM
he had gold fish before. he liked them ok. but I don't like fish in a aquarium.

Quoting jillbailey26:

Our boys got a beta fish for their starter pet.  We've always had cats though, but they weren't for them.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amanda357
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 1:39 PM
Get a Great Dane lol kidding!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momyplease
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 1:39 PM
rats? that's south hands interesting . do they bite? do you know more about them.

Quoting MissTacoBell:

Rats are good. They can live in a cage. Birds are good but watch the breed. Cockatiels are good but they can be vicious and loud. Cats are demon spawn. Independent, but if you want one, get a kitten and get it fixed ASAP and SHOWER IT WITH LOVE AND affection. It will define its lifetime demeanor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
unspecified42
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 1:41 PM
My son rats, and that was my first pet, too. Of all of the rodents, I think they're the nicest. Ive only had one (of many) who would bite occasionally and she only did after she has babies and went a little crazy.

They're quiet, fun to play with because they love to climb and sit on shoulders and cuddle, relatively low maintenance (we have two and clean their cafe once a week and they never got too stinky), and cute:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momyplease
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 1:41 PM
1 mom liked this
great

lol. nooo. lol

Quoting amanda357:

Get a Great Dane lol kidding!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LavenderMom23
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 1:42 PM

I would say a cat, ferret, rabit, frogs, fish, etc. 

Momyplease
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 1:43 PM
do they bite? You have to raise them from a baby? I don't know nothing about them. but I like the thought. I will Google it.

Quoting unspecified42:

My son rats, and that was my first pet, too. Of all of the rodents, I think they're the nicest. Ive only had one (of many) who would bite occasionally and she only did after she has babies and went a little crazy.

They're quiet, fun to play with because they love to climb and sit on shoulders and cuddle, relatively low maintenance (we have two and clean their cafe once a week and they never got too stinky), and cute:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ScrChk23
by Amanda on Mar. 10, 2013 at 1:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Hamster

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)