Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Security camera system Help Anyone know about these??

Posted by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 4:07 PM
  • 6 Replies

I need to find a security camera system with at least 4 cameras. Night vision and can handle rain.  

My issue is I want to put 2 cameras in the garage, one in the house, and one outside the house. the garage is a good 50 feet from the house. I assume they have to be wireless then right? Or can they simply plug into the wall? Im confused about all this! 

Would i need to have them all conected to the TV/Box? There is no way to hook them all to the same box and have them where I need them. 

Can anyone give me an idea on what to look for? Im not rich by any means so looking for about $200 or under. is this possible?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 4:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
LiesLiesLies
by Ruby Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 6:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Sorry...I looked, priced and purchased and I just don't think you will be able to on that budget.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kaylasmom22
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 6:05 PM
Ebay,dh had cameras before and bought it from there
C8linVilla
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 7:29 PM

Sorry i wrote that up wrong My question is more what do i look for in a camera? If im looking to put them in 3 Seperate locations pretty far away is that possible? or would they all need to be wireless? All the ones i see have 4 cameras but only 1 Box for them all. i assume they all 4 have to hook to the 1 box right? So that would not be what im looking for? thats what im confused about.

Quoting kaylasmom22:

CafeMom Tickers
kaylasmom22
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:14 PM
Oh ok,in that case wireless is best but that might be expensive. We only had one and it was hooked up to the VCR recording. But your best bet is ebay and you can ask the seller questions.

Quoting C8linVilla:

Sorry i wrote that up wrong My question is more what do i look for in a camera? If im looking to put them in 3 Seperate locations pretty far away is that possible? or would they all need to be wireless? All the ones i see have 4 cameras but only 1 Box for them all. i assume they all 4 have to hook to the 1 box right? So that would not be what im looking for? thats what im confused about.

Quoting kaylasmom22:

Momyplease
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:30 PM
for that budget try eBay or Craig's. list. but I would save up more money. like at list 600-1000$ for a good one if the security check its that important. you pay what you get.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FooLynRoo
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:36 PM

You're not going to find that for under 200.

At least none that I'm aware of

Also avoid wireless, its easy to disrupt the signal 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)