Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

New to this

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:21 AM
  • 9 Replies

My boyfriend and I have been dating for 3 1/2 months, We've known each other for 5 years. I am 23 and he is 37.  He has 2 children a 13 year old girl and an 11 year old boy. We've come to the point where we are becoming more serious and he wants me to meet his children.  Im just nervous as to how they are going to react to me, considering my age.  If anyone has any advice I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks.  

by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
SissyAnn141
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 2:43 AM

BUMP!

elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 6:10 AM

Just be yourself. If they don't accept you, not much you can do, because you can't change your age.

funhappymom
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:34 AM

Be yourself and it will be up to them to decide and it might take a little while. Don't give up though, just continue to be who you are.

**Chat with us ANONYMOUSLY!**

candycrush
by Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 11:44 AM

couldn't agree more!

Quoting elasmimi:

Just be yourself. If they don't accept you, not much you can do, because you can't change your age.

MommyJill87
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:56 PM
I have no clue. Good Luck.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2Angel09
by Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 1:13 PM

Be yourself and don't push yourself on to them.  Remember they will be nervous to meet you and your  boyfriend will be there to get the tension out some for both parties.  He might already have them liking you.  Just relax and enjoy getting to know them.

Caitlin10081989
by Ruby Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 1:58 PM

Just be yourself. 

CharlotteRose
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 2:51 PM

Just be yourself

ramita
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 2:59 PM
Just be yourself and remember they are at tough ages they may not like you, not because of you but just because your dads girlfriend. Hopefully not the case but it is likely. Don't try to be anything more than a friend or like a fun aunt. Let them know your nervous when you meet them, but try to let the kids take lead on questions and stuff. If they don't say much start asking them about any sports or extracurricular activities they're into. Keep it simple and don't expect much from the first meeting.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)