Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

DD weight?!? edit

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 7:31 AM
  • 10 Replies
My dd is 4.5 months old. She weighs 20 lbs and is 27.5-28 inches long.... Everyone I talk to keeps saying I need to only feed her on a strict 3 hour schedule. I currently feed on demand breast feeding.

Birth weight was 7 lbs 5.5 oz... Only lost 2 oz in hospital. And her length was 22 inches. My brother was 30 lbs at a year. Doc said she's a bit worried tried telling me to only let her feed for 10 minutes... When she's away from me she eat 3.5 oz for a 4 hr shift. She's just big everyone outside the doc told me to switch her to formula but I don't see why.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 7:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Msgme
by Platinum Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 7:33 AM

What is your ped saying?  My son was a big boy.  He was born at 6.5lbs  but by his 2 month check up he was over 12lbs then at 6 mos he was 25lbs.  Ppl would give me advice all the time but his dr had no issues with his weight at all.  

SWasson
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:17 AM

If you're breastfeeding, odds are very good she's not overeating. She is big for her age, but in both length and weight. What does your pediatrician think of her growth? If your ped. doesn't have a problem with it, don't worry about it.

elasmimi
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:33 AM

I would listen to my pediatrician, not worry about what other people say.

aprilsalcro
by Platinum Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:34 AM
WOW my 13 month old weights that much. What does your doctor sau
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pinkfairy0206
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:37 AM
I love what other ppl say. If your on demand nursing your good. She will eat when she is.hungry. with breastfeeding there is no schedule!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
EsmeVincent
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:38 AM

do NOT listen to anyone except the dr...keep feeding her like you are.  My ds weighed that at 4mo, by 9mo he was 30lbs...now at 5years old he is 50lbs but the height of a 7year old.  Every child grows differently, I would nurse on demand.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 11:23 AM

How much was her birth weight?   I was an on demand feeder as well.  DD was thin but a neighbor who did same thing her baby girl was much bigg.er

carrieasia
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 11:53 AM
I fed my children on demand. They were little chunks, but perfectly healthy now. I hate the "one size fits all" approach.
My dr hates the bmi chart. My dd was considered underweight by that but she was also much shorter. My son is tall by the chart and overweight by it, but my pedi says they are perfect. Go by the dr, not by what anyone else says
kidlover2
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 11:55 AM
My oldest was like that but she was also very big for her age. She's 86lbs now at 9 years old. Oh yeah... and she's 5'3".
AHmom103
by Alexis on Mar. 11, 2013 at 11:57 AM

Bf'ing on demand is usually the way to go, but holy crap, you have a big baby! Lol. At 4-5 months old, my oldest dd was about 24 inches long, and 12 lbs. My youngest was 23 inches long, and 14 lbs. At that point, they were both bf'ing on demand as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)