Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
I was at aldi doing my weekly grocery shopping and saw a guy keep staring at me. Finally I got to the checkout and he called me by name and I was shocked to see it was one of my high school buddies. He had gone totally grey! There was not one wrinkle on his face and the rest of him was fit and young looking but his black hair ha turned silver! I think it looked good on him but it was a shock. Do you or anyone you know have totally grey hair in their 30's? I have some in the back but my hair is 95% dark brown still.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 4:54 PM
Replies (11-20):
Angelbabii407
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 6:56 PM
One of my best friends was totally grey at 16. But he makes grey look damn good.
ambermario4ever
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 6:57 PM

My mil went all grey in her early to mid 20's she has always kept her hair died since then though.

DSamuels
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 6:58 PM
My husband was for the most part. I had tons of gray by them too. I know I was about 90% gray by 40-45. I stopped dying it a few years ago to match my husband at his request. I get lots of compliments, but I still don't like it! We are given the senior discount sometimes and we are in our early 50's.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 7:02 PM

My MIL was completely grey in her 30s. She is 61 and I've known her for almost 23 years and she has been all grey since I've known her. Dh said she turned completely gray in her late 20s, early 30s. My BIL is going to be 35 this year and he has quite a bit of grey although Dh has none except a tiny bit in his goatee. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 

DyerMaker
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 7:04 PM

My DH. He was dyeing it in his 20's and when we met. After we got married, I asked him to stop dyeing it, and I have to say, I find it sexy on him.  He had dark brown hair growing up and said he found salt and pepper streaks at 16. 

simple_ole_me
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 7:08 PM

Funny this question popped up. I'm sure I'm well on my way to being that completely grey headed person in my early 30s. I'm 28 now and I actually just returned home from the salon. I had a TON of grey. I mean it's enough to get really strange looks from people. Anyways, I finally gave in. I colored my hair once before, but I've been holding back on it ... just thinking what the hell, I'll let nature run its course. My gray was turning really stubborn and course though. It pretty much stuck straight up and could not be tamed. I also had 6 inches cut off today. Ha. Dramatic, to say the least. My husband is still in shock. I probably wouldn't even had gotten that much cut off myself, but my glasses were off and I couldn't see what the heck the lady was doing. (I'm blind as a bat). I put my glasses on after it was all done and right out of my mouth .... "ho-ly shit."

It's growing on me a bit though. Apparently I have more curl than I once thought too .... ah, the changes! I don't look like an Amish person anymore though. That's a plus.

mommytoeandb
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 7:16 PM
MIL went gray at 18. I'm 34 and have gray at my temple. It doesn't bother me, but DD wants me to dye it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cynthje
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 7:18 PM

Yes, it runs in my family  :(

mattiehatter
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 7:20 PM
My husband has been greying for years before we got together.
mattiehatter
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 7:21 PM
My husband has been greying for years before we got together.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)