Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

chest pain in child

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 9:48 AM
  • 8 Replies

after exercise. So dd and I always walk to school but today we skipped and galloped and jogged the whole way there. After she started complaining of chest pain (when she was going in school). I sent her in but I came home and just called the peds. office. The nurse said that they see that a lot and it's usually heart burn or an upper respiratory infection. pulled muscle or some sort. 

So, has your child had chest pain? And what was the cause?

It just worried me because as an adult you would probably go to the ER with chest pain so I didn't know if it's any different with a child. But I still told the nurse to make an appointment to just have some check up and see how everything is.

by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 9:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
jeepygirl
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Could be asthma. Was it cold outside? My chest always burns something fierce if I do any sort of cardiovascular exercise in the cold.

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 10:20 AM
Bump!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kayandjsmom
by Alecia on Mar. 12, 2013 at 10:44 AM

Yeah, it was a chilly morning. In the 30's. 

Quoting jeepygirl:

Could be asthma. Was it cold outside? My chest always burns something fierce if I do any sort of cardiovascular exercise in the cold.

kayandjsmom
by Alecia on Mar. 12, 2013 at 10:44 AM

Thanks.

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Bump!

jobo
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 10:46 AM

As the nurse said it could be several things..but if it was my child I would have her looked at ,you never know because heart problems in children aren't always detected in regular check ups..there have been a few cases here where the child past away due to heart failure because parents didn't know they had heart problems..not trying to scare you in any way.,good luck..

jeepygirl
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 11:02 AM

Make sure they consider asthma then as well. Exercise induced asthma is no fun when it's undiagnosed, especially once they start hitting PE classes. Cold weather can aggravate it as well. Hope they can figure out what's wrong with her.

Quoting kayandjsmom:

Quoting jeepygirl:

kayandjsmom
by Alecia on Mar. 12, 2013 at 11:43 AM
Thank you and I will definitely mention asthma since I heard it runs in families and there are many people in my family with asthma.

Quoting jeepygirl:

Make sure they consider asthma then as well. Exercise induced asthma is no fun when it's undiagnosed, especially once they start hitting PE classes. Cold weather can aggravate it as well. Hope they can figure out what's wrong with her.

Quoting kayandjsmom:

Quoting jeepygirl:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
spunky946
by Platinum Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 11:44 AM

Id probably think either asthma or an upper respotory infection.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)