Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Miltary over paid! (I'm sorry vent)

Posted by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 2:42 PM
  • 98 Replies
4 moms liked this
I don't normally vent on here about things but I've been reading articles about how over paid the US military personel are and it just kinda gets to me. My husband is military (E5) and he made 38,000 dollars last year including our housing allowence (which we never see, it goes staight to the private on base housing provider) we have a morgage on a house we can't sell and some months we have a monthly grocry budget of less than 300 dollars for a family of 5. my husband has an assosiates degree in logistics and a bachelors degree in busness admin and 11 years experiance. If he got a job doing the same thing at Fed EX he would start at 120,000 dollars but he is over paid... I don't mean to complain we get by and I am grateful for his health insurance and (though I hope we never see it) his life insurance... I just got to ask how in the world is this considered over paid.
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 2:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 2:44 PM
6 moms liked this
Its not. People spew verbal poop out of their mouth when they have nothing better to do. They live their lives blinded by media and the interweb.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 2:46 PM

Quoting wonderwomanT08:

Its not. People spew verbal poop out of their mouth when they have nothing better to do. They live their lives blinded by media and the interweb.

thank
milfanyway
by Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 2:47 PM
It's not. It's ridiculous for people to say that the military is overpaid. When you divide it down by hour, especially on deployment, it's less than three bucks for lower enlisted.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GagaNTattooS
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 2:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Its not he should make 150k+ for what he does.
ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 2:54 PM

Quoting GagaNTattooS:

Its not he should make 150k+ for what he does.

thanks for the thought...I"m reallyno on of the people who thnks we need to make more though I ure wouldn' object if we did.. just the over paid thing gets to me

imthemomster
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 2:54 PM
9 moms liked this

You have absolutely NOTHING to apologize for.  Only SOME people are complete & utter MORONS!!!  There are military personel on freaking food stamps, veterans who are homeless & those like you barely scraping by.  Men and women who put their lives on hold and ON THE LINE should be making the salaries we American's choose to gift our entertainment stars, sports players and politicians with.  It's infuriating & beyond ridiculous. I am not from a military family & if no one else says this... THANK YOU to both your husband and especially you and your children for making the sacrifices most people can't even begin to imagine you are making.  God bless!!!

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 2:56 PM

thanks that is very kind

Quoting imthemomster:

You have absolutely NOTHING to apologize for.  Only SOME people are complete & utter MORONS!!!  There are military personel on freaking food stamps, veterans who are homeless & those like you barely scraping by.  Men and women who put their lives on hold and ON THE LINE should be making the salaries we American's choose to gift our entertainment stars, sports players and politicians with.  It's infuriating & beyond ridiculous. I am not from a military family & if no one else says this... THANK YOU to both your husband and especially you and your children for making the sacrifices most people can't even begin to imagine you are making.  God bless!!!

ebbierowe
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 2:56 PM
Has can get commissioned and become an officer....they make more. Did he have a degree before he enlisted?
afwifeandmommy3
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 2:57 PM
Soon they will probably cut our healthcare too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
macysmom
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 2:58 PM
When it comes down to it, my husband makes 3$ an hour and works 16+ hours a day. Very sad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)