Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

My 12 week ultrasound:) Boy or Girl Poll:) Thanks for guessing:)!!!! Im excited!

Posted by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 5:10 PM
  • 34 Replies

Poll

Question: Is baby a boy or girl?

Options:

Girl

Boy

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 15

View Results

by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 5:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
macysmom
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 5:12 PM
Ummmm. No way to tell.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lismore
by Gold Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 6:57 PM

Quoting macysmom:

Ummmm. No way to tell.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 7:00 PM
What they said. ^
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
needadvice1983
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 7:03 PM

You can't tell at 12 weeks. Wait until you are 20 weeks. We were able to tell with my oldest at 18 weeks but that was with a 4D ultrasound and he was turned just right. Even if you could see between the legs at this point it is highly inaccurate because a penis could be too small to see clearly.

baquick
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 7:04 PM
1 mom liked this
With ds the sono tech told me at 12 weeks she was fairly positive it was a boy. Confirmed at 15 weeks. And it was SUPER obvious.

Quoting needadvice1983:

You can't tell at 12 weeks. Wait until you are 20 weeks. We were able to tell with my oldest at 18 weeks but that was with a 4D ultrasound and he was turned just right. Even if you could see between the legs at this point it is highly inaccurate because a penis could be too small to see clearly.

Snivs
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 7:04 PM
2 moms liked this
I guess boy just to be fun and guess lol
baquick
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 7:05 PM
1 mom liked this
I can't tell from this pic. :-( have a great pregnancy!
needadvice1983
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 7:08 PM

I said "could be too small". USUALLY at 12 weeks it is far too early to say with 100% the gender. I'm glad she was correct, but honestly she did have a 50/50 chance of getting it right. 

Quoting baquick:

With ds the sono tech told me at 12 weeks she was fairly positive it was a boy. Confirmed at 15 weeks. And it was SUPER obvious.

Quoting needadvice1983:

baquick
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 7:11 PM
You also said there's now way to tell at 12 weeks. A highly trained and experienced sono tech can give you a high probability of likelihood. Mine told me "I can't say with 100% certainty but with thousands of Sonos under my belt I can say with good certainty it's a boy"

Quoting needadvice1983:

I said "could be too small". USUALLY at 12 weeks it is far too early to say with 100% the gender. I'm glad she was correct, but honestly she did have a 50/50 chance of getting it right. 

Quoting baquick:

Quoting needadvice1983:

needadvice1983
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 7:16 PM

I also then went on to say it is HIGHLY INACCURATE at 12 weeks. I'll concede that in RARE cases you can tell at 12 weeks, but the likelihood of being wrong is high. It really is just a good guess (again 50/50) at that early of a stage. And the picture the OP posted there is zero way even a good tech could tell. You can't see anything in the genital area. 

Quoting baquick:

You also said there's now way to tell at 12 weeks. A highly trained and experienced sono tech can give you a high probability of likelihood. Mine told me "I can't say with 100% certainty but with thousands of Sonos under my belt I can say with good certainty it's a boy"

Quoting needadvice1983:

Quoting baquick:

Quoting needadvice1983:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)