Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

New Pope elected today opposes gay marriage.....PIOG

Posted by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 10:23 PM
  • 46 Replies
Whether you are Catholic or not, how do you feel about this? Do you agree with him or disagree? Personally, I am Lutheran and I also oppose gay marriage. What are everyone else's thoughts on this? No bashing please. Everyone has a right to their opinions and beliefs.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 10:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Woodbabe
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 10:27 PM
4 moms liked this

Um...is this a SUPRPRISE?

I'm all about consenting adults doing whatever they want to whomever they want, but I'm SOOOO no shocked that the new Pope is against Gays. Hell they don't even accept condoms yet.

emilysmom8
by Dawn on Mar. 13, 2013 at 10:29 PM
Im not catholic but Im very pro gay marriage. I wish the catholic church would become more open minded about things. I mean "god" is supposed to accept EVERYONE, why cant the church?
lovinmama411
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 10:30 PM
2 moms liked this

I think everyone can oppose whatever they want all day long as long as they don't IMPOSE their opinions on others. If you don't agree with gay marriage, don't participate in one. But don't try and stop others who do want to participate. I really don't care, hard to oppose something that don't have any affect on my life. 

bebe_ju-rah
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 10:34 PM
1 mom liked this
I thought most catholics did...I wasn't surprised. I don't follow organized religion, I don't need some guy in a goofy hat to tell me how to live. I could care less what he believes. *I* believe that everyone deserves to have the same rights, regardless of race, religion, sex or sexual preference.
first-one
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 10:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh no, most catholics don't believe in birth control, women's rights, or gay rights.  It is a very misogynistic religion.  I'm still recovering 20+ years later.  
And to the OP, no, this is not a shock.  In fact if the pope agreed to support gay people, I'd fall out of my chair right now.

DarksMama
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 10:54 PM

If they wanna believe that God made man in his own image, then why would they decide that gay people created by their God were an abomination? Supposedly, their God is infallible...yet they say that so many people/things created by their God are wrong. A fine example of the stupidity of man and human nature in general, that they think they can speak for/interpret/condemn their own God and his creations. 

Paperfishies
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 10:56 PM

Since I'm not a bigot...I fully support gay marriage.

Cmgmqmmom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 11:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't know why anyone would think he would be any more open minded than previous popes. I would have been shocked if he was pro anything progressive.
NDADanceMom
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 11:24 PM

Of course he is.  He would not be elected pope if he was for it.  Its like saying a muslim imam is against pork.  I think marriage should be seen as a civil contract if you want a same sex marriage.  If a church does not want to offer them who cares?  It is the churches right.

momof2girls89
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 11:27 PM

Same shit, different Pope. I think it's ridiculous that people still oppose same sex marriage. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN