Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Prayers needed.I dont know howur much more i can take.*Update*

Posted by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 1:23 PM
  • 20 Replies
Dd is on her 3 round of antibiotic,she was on it in Feb for ear infection,just finished another round Tuesday and got fever Wed. Now on another antibiotic for uti eventhough the doc said the uti is not that much. Well fever was 100.9 gave her Motrin,then it went up to 101.2. Alternate with Tylenol and gave her a bath. Before bath was 100.9,right after shower was 101.4. Wtf isn't the med supposed to bring it down? She is 6 by the way and its acting fine walking around with 101.4. But my anxiety is killing me,I fear fever like the plague. She had 3 febrile convulsions before

First thanks for the prayers,they have help.Yesterday up until 5 pm she had non stop fever of 101-102.2 the meds will just make her fever go up,mad weird. All the prayers are working and last night she had fever at 11pm then again at 8am. The meds are bringing the fever down now,and she is as usual playing and acting fine. Today she woke up congested but I'm still praying she will get better soon. Keep the prayers coming
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 1:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NDADanceMom
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 1:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Well the convulsions bring it to a whole new level but for most kids its the behavior not the fever that is a warning sign.  I have had kids with 102 fevers and the doc said no worries because they are alert and active.  Ive had kids with 99 fevers and the doc wants to watch them closely because they are lethargic.  If I were you Id check out some all natural care givers.  Chiropractor, herbalist, something along those lines.  I dont give antibiotics unless its a last resort.  I never have for ear infections, my dad is an ENT and he said most go away on their own, parents just expect them.   I have given my kids less than 3 doses of antibiotics each in their lives and they are 17, 13 and 10.  Your childs immune system needs to do its job or you will get into situations where you are getting one infection after another and they wont get better.  

Schaiswife09
by Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 1:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Sending prayers your way! Hope she gets better soon.
kaylasmom22
by Silver Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 1:36 PM
She is supposedly out of the convulsion stage,and up until last month she was doing great. No sickness at all,for 3 consecutive years she had pneumonia which required a hospital stay

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Well the convulsions bring it to a whole new level but for most kids its the behavior not the fever that is a warning sign.  I have had kids with 102 fevers and the doc said no worries because they are alert and active.  Ive had kids with 99 fevers and the doc wants to watch them closely because they are lethargic.  If I were you Id check out some all natural care givers.  Chiropractor, herbalist, something along those lines.  I dont give antibiotics unless its a last resort.  I never have for ear infections, my dad is an ENT and he said most go away on their own, parents just expect them.   I have given my kids less than 3 doses of antibiotics each in their lives and they are 17, 13 and 10.  Your childs immune system needs to do its job or you will get into situations where you are getting one infection after another and they wont get better.  

godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Mar. 14, 2013 at 1:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Schaiswife09:

Sending prayers your way! Hope she gets better soon.
pamelax3
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 2:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Prayers coming your way

belindah
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 2:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Sending prayers

jenny198356
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 3:29 PM

My 4 year old used to get severe uti's which led to 2 seizures. Ask her urologist...if you have one already...If they think she is a good candidate for Deflux...They basically inject her tube with a silicone which makes the tube coming from her kidney smaller...no more uti's. It worked for mine.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:24 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 3:30 PM

Sending lots of prayers,
Hope she feels better soon :)

gregheather
by Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 3:34 PM

Make sure she is taking a good probiotic to boost her immune system. The antibiotics are killing all the bacteria in her gut - good and bad and the good need to be replaced. Probiotics help with that.

kaylasmom22
by Silver Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 4:55 PM
This is just her second uti,but if it happens more often then I will look for a urologist. Was her fever high? Dds fever just won't break and after meds it actually goes up

Quoting jenny198356:

My 4 year old used to get severe uti's which led to 2 seizures. Ask her urologist...if you have one already...If they think she is a good candidate for Deflux...They basically inject her tube with a silicone which makes the tube coming from her kidney smaller...no more uti's. It worked for mine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)