Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

For those of you who own houses...

Posted by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 6:02 PM
  • 28 Replies

Have any of you added a privacy fence? How much was it total? Would it be easier to DIY?

What about a porch?

by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 6:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CreziaMommyTo2
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 6:10 PM

it depends on your yard size.  where i live, it's unheard of NOT to have a fence.  they range from 4'-6'

also take into material, PVC, wood, colored PVC, standard, height, design?

we live on a very very small lot.  and it cost us $10k to replace our fence

aj23
by Gold Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 6:26 PM
I built my fence from pallets so the wood was free but it took over a year to collect enough. Even with free wood I still spent close to 1,000 I'm materials. I fenced in 5 acres.
It's usually cheaper to buy the wood and build it yourself but sometimes you can catch a great sale and get the panels cheaper.
It's easier to pay someone else to do it but it will cost you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amy_M
by Bronze Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 6:30 PM
We got fence panels so it didn't take too long. We have a good sized yard and it cost us about $700
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ERMAGERRD
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 6:33 PM

wow that is insane!

Quoting CreziaMommyTo2:

it depends on your yard size.  where i live, it's unheard of NOT to have a fence.  they range from 4'-6'

also take into material, PVC, wood, colored PVC, standard, height, design?

we live on a very very small lot.  and it cost us $10k to replace our fence

ERMAGERRD
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 6:34 PM

Now that is not bad at all. How long did it take for you to install? Whats it look like now?

Quoting Amy_M:

We got fence panels so it didn't take too long. We have a good sized yard and it cost us about $700

CuriousArentYa
by Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 6:34 PM

We had an estimate for half an acre and it was about $12k.

SterlingHeart
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 6:35 PM

we have that crapy chain link crap --- so i bought the green privacy nylon fabric for now - cause can't afford a new one

heyiitsang84
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 6:35 PM

we built on a pretty good size deck and it cost us about $2500

Amy_M
by Bronze Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 6:37 PM

My husband pre-dug the holes, then the next day him and my brother put it up.  It took about 6 hours or so.  I will see if I can find a picture.  We got the panels from Menards, not sure if there is one around you

Quoting ERMAGERRD:

Now that is not bad at all. How long did it take for you to install? Whats it look like now?

Quoting Amy_M:

Amy_M
by Bronze Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 6:39 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Amy_M:

My husband pre-dug the holes, then the next day him and my brother put it up.  It took about 6 hours or so.  I will see if I can find a picture.  We got the panels from Menards, not sure if there is one around you

Quoting ERMAGERRD:

Quoting Amy_M:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)