Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
I got all the stuff to do gel nails a while back and I've been practicing here and there. Its tough with two kids lol. Anyway these are the set I did today pics in replies
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 7:06 PM
Replies (21-30):
Schaiswife09
by Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 8:36 PM
I'm mobile but the woman I am learning from has a channel on YouTube. Underthelilyshadow is the name of her channel. Check her out she is awesome :) and she has her email on there so you can message her with questions. She is a licensed tech. And yeah its different than just painting the hardest part is just getting the "feel" of the gel and how to control it but I love it :)

Quoting Pna1Dra6on:

Can you share a good video showing the process of how they work?  Is it much different than just painting your nails?

Quoting Schaiswife09:

Yeah I saw a video on YouTube and was like I have to try these! Lol

Quoting Pna1Dra6on:

Nice Ive wanted to try these

NDADanceMom
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 8:44 PM

Have you heard about the dangers of gel nails?  I get mine done with just regular polish but considered gel.  A few days ago on the news I heard they were really bad for you though.  The UV light was a small part of it but the chemicals in the polish plus the chemicals to remove them are really dangerous.  Im concerned now and wont get gel nails. 

jconney80
by Gold Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 9:25 PM
Cute!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Schaiswife09
by Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 9:50 PM
My mom did tell me about the chemicals in them but I haven't actually heard about it. But there are no chemicals to remove them at all. I have an efile and file them off. I do however wear a mask to remove them since there is a lot of dust. I tend not to listen to the news about things being dangerous and causing cancer. Seems that pretty much everything " causes cancer/harm " somehow lol

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Have you heard about the dangers of gel nails?  I get mine done with just regular polish but considered gel.  A few days ago on the news I heard they were really bad for you though.  The UV light was a small part of it but the chemicals in the polish plus the chemicals to remove them are really dangerous.  Im concerned now and wont get gel nails. 

Schaiswife09
by Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 9:50 PM
Thank you :)

Quoting jconney80:

Cute!
mommyofgirl1974
by Lyn on Mar. 14, 2013 at 10:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Cool!

flowerfunleah
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:51 AM

Omg those are too too cute!!

3xangel
by Ruby Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 1:24 AM
1 mom liked this
Cool!
gigis1
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 1:26 AM
U have short nails ! Lol but they are pretty cute !
jennie2263
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 1:58 AM
What brand do you use? I have been wanting to do these but I wasn't sure how well they worked. I really want to now though! :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)