Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Engagement stories

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 5:09 PM
  • 4 Replies

How did you get engaged? Was it romantic?

by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 5:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
StormiAnn
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 5:44 PM
2 moms liked this

He did incredible!! :-) I had no idea. He took me to the myriad botanical gardens in Oklahoma City on February 18, 2012.. We walked around admiring all the different plants/flowers/waterfalls/butterflies, you walk up a staircase at one end of the greenhouse, it's a long staircase with lots of plants to see along the way, then at the top there's a room that has aquariums in the walls with rodents from other parts of the world, then when you exit the room you're standing on a bridge about 12ft from the ceiling over looking the entire greenhouse. Kevin was standing behind me and he said "You know, I've been to so many beautiful places from the mountains to the ocean.. And still you manage to trump every single one of them."
I truthfully didn't think he was proposing because he had given me a valentines gift earlier in the morning, I just thought he was being nice/complementing me.. So I turned around and grabbed him telling him how much I love him and how sweet it was of him. He wiggled free of my hug and dropped down on one knee, opening a royal blue ring box with a ring inside and said "Stormi, will you marry me?"
I was in such shock I left him on his knee for the longest few minutes of his life while I said over and over "What? You have a ring? Are you serious? When did you get a ring?" Finally he said "is that a yes?", I said "of course it's a yes!"
Best decision I've ever made, we were married 8/25/12!! He also designed and had my wedding rings made- SO special :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jcmom10
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 6:00 PM
2 moms liked this

We had just moved in together a few days before so i was at work and had a really long day but he had the day off so he finished unpacking boxes and made me a really nice dinner. I had a crystal vase and he unpacked it and places fake flowers in it and had it on the table with dinner and candles. He had the ring propped in the vase towards me and all during dinner he kept talking about how nice the vase was. So i'm kinda looking at him like he's crazy cause he's going on and on about this vase....obviously i still don't notice the ring. So after dinner he's cleaning off the table and he yells from the kitchen that he thinks he splashed sauce all over his side of the vase and for me to clean it up. I'm kinda pissed off thinking, why the hell didn't you wipe it up yourself. So i go to take the fake flowers out and out pops the ring box!!! He comes out the kitchen and says "well??" I could hardly speak and thought i was going to puke and was like "well what??" and then he asked me.  I thought it was very sweet and i don't know how i didn't see it the whole time during dinner!!!!!!!!!!

CampClan
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 10:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Sometime in 1998-

Him: "What would you say if I asked you to marry me?

Me: "If you ever asked me to marry you I would probably say yes."

December 31st 1998-

Me: "Babe I think I'm pregnant!"

Him: "Really?"

My parents: "You're getting married"

cgarlic
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 7:37 AM
1 mom liked this
Aww ladies so romantic.

My dh never really proposed. I guess the closest thing to it was in Dec 2010 I was hospitalized & when he picked me up to take me home (Dec 7) he told me he was really scared & worried about me and then he says "I'm gonna marry you one day". We had talked about it before, but our relationship was still very new (we had know each other since 4th grade, almost 20 yrs at that point). In March 2011 he got me a ring & was just like "did u see your ring, here", he had it just sitting on my nightstand not even in a box lol. We got married May 13, 2011 :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN