Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What do you put in your kids Easter baskets?

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 10:52 PM
  • 20 Replies
Candy, healthy snacks, eggs, money, toys, coloring books, etc etc?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 10:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jconney80
by Platinum Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 10:54 PM
We don't do candy anymore but I put natural fruit strips and my kids love them! I buy toys they will get lots of play out of and usually a coloring book with crayons and a book.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cgarlic
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 7:21 AM
This year I was thinking of just giving our 3 kids (12,8,1) one big basket with activities we can do together; chalk, bubbles, board game, kites... We always end of throwing candy away so the only candy will probably be from my niece's fundraiser (pb candy & choc pretzels)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Bubbles, sunglasses, flower seeds, chalk...it's more like a "welcome spring" basket.

EvaTheDiva29
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:21 AM

idk yes what im going to put in them. i may just buy the already stocked ones. lol

before it was candy and small toys. i'll have to go out and look and see whats new and stuff.

Love.My.Soldier
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:51 AM
1 mom liked this
We are leaving for the beach on easter for spring break. This year I am putting a swimsuit, beach towel, sunglasses and beach toys with a few snacks in a bucket.
gsmom9
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:59 AM

i found a backpack sack with angry birds, for $5 on sale, so im using that for a basket. some toys,and chocolate eggs.

F_Stathouse
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:24 AM
I took my boys 4 and 7 yrs old to the dollar store, let them pick out baskets and fill them up. Spent $34. and then I put the baskets up. Play dough, bubbles, art stuff, puzzles, pencils, etc.

No candy oldest is allergic to food dye:-((

They got stuff coming in from Great aunt, Great grandma, grandma and pops, all 5 aunts and uncles, plus they heading to illnois with my grandma and sister to vist my other sister for easter.

So my easter is next wknd. The babies are going to be loaded. :-))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pnukey
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:38 AM
1 mom liked this

My mom made an Easter basket when DD was born. Since DS was born, both kids use the same one basket every year. The Easter Bunny fills it with candy and small toys. (My kids can read! THE EASTER BUNNY FILLS IT, NOT ME! in case they are reading behind my back.)

auntangelofsix
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:57 AM
We do small toys n some candy n fruit n coloring books.
Mommy4-27-08
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:40 PM
Well that is the bug question.... We do some small candy thing and paints and then I am getting them something for their new bedrooms, but haven't decided what. Were moving in a couple months and my kids will have their own rooms so since I will have to be paying for decorations anyways I thought this would be a good way to kill two birds with one amount of money. Lol.
We also do an Easter egg hunt at my moms with 500-600 eggs so they get a crap ton of candy with that too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN