Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Would you be annoyed at me or

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 11:04 PM
  • 65 Replies

Would you be glad that I told you the truth? It is Bryce's best friends birthday and his mom had called to ask me if Bryce could stay the night?Her son didn't want a big party,he said he would like it if it was just him and Bryce. 

I told her I had no problem with it and we'd walk Bryce to her house when he got home from school.(Only lives one block away.)Well,the first thing Bryce did when he got home was fall asleep...which is extremely weird.He's 9 and doesn't take naps anymore. I let him sleep for an hour or so and then I got him up.He wanted to help pick the present.Anywho,Bryce started to run a fever and it only goes down with meds.Once the meds wear off the fever comes back.So,I told Bryce he couldn't go tonight.

Now,I do understand WHY the other boy's mom is upset.But,I would think that she would rather "hold off" on the sleepover for a day or two and not run the risk of her kid getting sick.(Especially cause right now the fever is the only symptom.)I mean,I could have not even mentioned it and let Bryce go over there anyway,kwim?

Life isn't like a box of chocolates . . . it's more like a jar of jalapenos.. What you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow!

by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 11:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kitty8199
by Ruby Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 11:06 PM
How high is his temp? Does he act sick?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 11:10 PM

104.The only thing he said that hurts is his tummy.There is a really bad stomach virus going around Mississippi and a lot of the kids in his school have had it.

Quoting kitty8199:

How high is his temp? Does he act sick?

xoxoforhimnher
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 11:11 PM
1 mom liked this
If you think he needs to be home, then he needs to be home. A fever is usually 1 of the first signs of sicky. The very first is sleeping. Being sicky takes a lot out on kids. If the shoe was on the other foot, other mommy would understand....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Ky89
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 11:12 PM
I'd be very understanding if he was sick. don't want to risk him getting other people sick and he'll only get better with rest.
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 11:19 PM
2 moms liked this

I would have been glad you were honest and kept him home.  I dont mess with fevers that high.

brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 11:24 PM

The last time he had a fever that got that high he had pneumonia.And,I know that the other boy is probably disappointed,but it would mess up the sleepover even worse if Bryce started throwing up in the middle of the night,kwim?

Quoting frndlyfn:

I would have been glad you were honest and kept him home.  I dont mess with fevers that high.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 11:26 PM

Yup I hear ya.

Quoting brandyblx:

The last time he had a fever that got that high he had pneumonia.And,I know that the other boy is probably disappointed,but it would mess up the sleepover even worse if Bryce started throwing up in the middle of the night,kwim?

Quoting frndlyfn:

jconney80
by Gold Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 11:28 PM
I would prefer you keep him home and tell the truth
beadingmom17
by Rachel on Mar. 15, 2013 at 11:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Dude, I would be thanking you profusely for not sending him! As a mom, it's hard when my kids are sick...I couldn't imagine if my kid's friend got sick at my house!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cafe Robin
by Group Owner on Mar. 15, 2013 at 11:41 PM
I see why she's disappointed but, if your son has a fever, he can't go out. She'd have a reason to be upset if you sent your sick son over! I hope your son feels better soon!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)