Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

where to live in NJ

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:42 PM
  • 11 Replies
Anyone has any tips on where to live in central nj. I'm married with 3 young children and so i'm looking for a place to raise them. A place with plenty of parks, good schools and decent people.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cafe Robin
by Group Owner on Mar. 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM
2 moms liked this
Where are you living now? Will you or your husband be commuting to the city?

You should join us on the New Jersey group!
goddiddlyumshis
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 3:52 PM
ocean township, freehold, belmar, bradley beach, holmdel, colts neck...

i am from that area =)

there are A LOT of parks around here. dorbrook in colts neck is pretty awesome, theres a HUGE trail, lots of field, a pretty cool playground, and a free sprayground in the summer. we spend a lot of time there, and at the beach.

avoid asbury park, though. that places is NO good. im originally from ocean township.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DACIA79
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 4:31 PM
Avoid every place Hurricane Sandy destroyed for obvious reasons. Avoid Camden and Trenton, Newark and Patterson like the plague because of crime. Honesty does it have to be New Jersey at all.
goddiddlyumshis
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 4:33 PM
the only places that are completely destroyed are sea bright, seaside, and union beach..

there are nice places in trenton, its not a complete ghetto! llol.

Quoting DACIA79:

Avoid every place Hurricane Sandy destroyed for obvious reasons. Avoid Camden and Trenton, Newark and Patterson like the plague because of crime. Honesty does it have to be New Jersey at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dipsetgrl06
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 4:34 PM
Some towns in Union County are very nice. I live in a very nice borough.
LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 5:37 PM

Hi! I am in Michigan1 I hear New Jersey is noce buit have never been there. Wanted to say hi and welcome you to CafeMom!

TheMeanestMom
by Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 6:11 PM

Ah I grew up in Central NJ!!! I am so jealous that you get to live there!

I grew up in Middletown, NJ. I went to Bayview Elementary School - and it really is a great school. Bayshore Middle School was also great. But Middletown High School North really isn't that great.

There are some really expensive towns, and some really ghetto towns in central NJ. Colts Neck is beautiful, but expensive. Holmdel, Lincroft, Princeton, all kind of expensive, but really nice.

Keansburg, Asbury, parts of Leonardo.. all kind of icky.

Atlantic Highlands is a beautiful small town right on the ocean. I do not know how much damage it suffered from Sandy.

Anyway my parents still live in Middletown. If you have any questions let me know. I'd be happy to help!

ann6380
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:40 AM
I'm live on long island NY right now. We have to move because of my husband job in Piscataway.
Mom2MikeynLando
by Silver Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this

I grew up in North Plainfield, and wouldn't recommend it.  I see you Dh will be working Piscataway, and the areas over there are rough (piscataway, dunellen, manville, bound brook, allof the plaindfields) Look into like Basking Ridge area.  It's nice up there.  

bluebunbun
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 11:21 AM
well ortley all the barrior islands....i was in seaside last night....manchester, toms river...OP what work do u do where will you be working

Quoting goddiddlyumshis:

the only places that are completely destroyed are sea bright, seaside, and union beach..

there are nice places in trenton, its not a complete ghetto! llol.

Quoting DACIA79:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN