Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What Would You Do?

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 4:22 PM
  • 16 Replies

So I'm currently living in a 2bedroom apartment with my fiance and my 19 mnth old. It's my first apartment and I've been having nothing but trouble since we've moved in. From leaking red water (pobably rust) from my ceilng, to the construction workers (yeah there is construction going on while we are living here) sawing through my kids bedroom wall and getting debri all in his bed that he luckily wast sleeping in that morning, to just ths last Monday my ktchen bathroom and hallway being flooded because of an upstairs neighbors sink. THey came and cleane the floors but that was after we left because the water was rediculous an noone was coming to check it out even though the maintenance guys were on the property. When we got back the floors were clean but the sheetrock is still wet and will likely start to mold nd mildew. the roof was still dripping and there were pots and bowls on the floor ctching the water so i decided to send my son by his nanas because i didnt want him trying to mess with anything, so that night the smoke detector goes nuts because its right where the water was and i go to turn it off and it starts sparking. the next night is when i figure out my fridge had went out and i had to throwm out my groceries which i can not afford to replace meanwhile i still have to scrape up my 912 rent.

by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 4:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sapphire.Tears
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 4:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm not sure if this is a troll post or if you just have got really REALLY shitty luck..

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 7:16 PM

I would be telling the landlord or owner they need to reimburse you for everything that has gone wrong.  I would look for somewhere to move asap

hugss
Take Some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group. :)
Yesterday at 11:45 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 7:18 PM

I agree .. tell the landlord & start looking for another place to live,
Good luck & let us know how it goes :)

NoLaMommy731
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 7:38 PM

def. not a troll post... & the only problem with that is i signed a year lease.. it isnt up until august.

HousewifeNina
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:38 PM
NoLa as in New Orleans? Where do you LIVE????
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KellBell0820
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:51 PM
With all the problems you've been having if it were me I would want the landlord to fix this stuff. If he can't or refuses I'd break my lease in a heartbeat.

Quoting NoLaMommy731:

def. not a troll post... & the only problem with that is i signed a year lease.. it isnt up until august.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
NoLaMommy731
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 8:42 PM
1 mom liked this
i live in metairie, right outside of new orleans
Bookoholic
by Silver Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 8:48 PM
I would talk to an attorney about being able to break the lease for all the problems you have had, see what they say.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sapphire.Tears
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 9:16 PM

so its just shit luck then.. I'm sorry. :/

I've been there. you can still move out though. A lease isn't a contract,(rephrasing that) A lease is a contract, but it doesn't mean that you have to stay there and the most they can do if you break it is take you to court over the money owed, but in that case, they would be screwing themselves, make sure you get plenty of records regarding contact with them about the damages, etc.  and photographs of the condition of the apartment, before putting in your 2 week move-out notice.

Quoting NoLaMommy731:

demonica29
by Silver Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 9:17 PM
1 mom liked this

http://www.ehow.com/about_6600385_louisiana-rights-laws-_amp_-protections.html

I just SMH at peop,e who ask a question here before they even bother to Google. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN