Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

if you are a reader do you love or hate series books?

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 6:14 PM
  • 40 Replies
I think I may be alone here but other than harry potter, I absolutely hate book series. I like getting a book and it have a good beginning middle and end. I hate having to buy another book and another just to see how the story ends up. I also hate when the next book isn't written and I'm just like well hell.
Give me a thick book that begins and ends all in the sane book and I'm good.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 6:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
got2monsters
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 6:15 PM
1 mom liked this
i like series books but i never start one unless i know they are all available. then i devour them as one long book.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jillbailey26
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 6:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I LOVE series books.  Most of the ones I read are about one or two characters, then the next one is about a friend or brother/sister of that character, the the same with the next one.  I like when there's updates about the characters before.  I don't like reading a book, then it ending and being curious about what happens afterwards, lol.  Although I have read some good single books.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

carlyshort
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 6:18 PM
I forgot. Karen kingsbury has a series like that that I love. Its about the Baxter family then friends of that family got their own series and so on. It was great reading it. I did feel like I was a baxter at one point. Lol

Quoting jillbailey26:

I LOVE series books.  Most of the ones I read are about one or two characters, then the next one is about a friend or brother/sister of that character, the the same with the next one.  I like when there's updates about the characters before.  I don't like reading a book, then it ending and being curious about what happens afterwards, lol.  Although I have read some good single books.

Kathy489
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 6:21 PM

Regarding your comment:

I hate having to buy another book and another just to see how the story ends up.

Don't buy them. Go to the library.

With that said, I prefer just one book, myself.

carlyshort
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 6:23 PM
Our library does not have the newer books. If you want a new book you're gonna wait. They still don't have hunger games. Lol

Quoting Kathy489:

Regarding your comment:

I hate having to buy another book and another just to see how the story ends up.

Don't buy them. Go to the library.

With that said, I prefer just one book, myself.

jas_momof2
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 6:32 PM

It really depends on the series...  The Black Dagger Brotherhood was REALLY good...  Sookie?  Not so much towards the last few books...

carlyshort
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 6:34 PM
Sookie was boring to me. Never understood the fascination with that series.

I have read the black dagger brotherhood.I just finished the latest in that series.

Quoting jas_momof2:

It really depends on the series...  The Black Dagger Brotherhood was REALLY good...  Sookie?  Not so much towards the last few books...

DanaG70
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 6:35 PM

I love series books! Hell I love all books, I just love to read!

silverdawn99
by Jamie on Mar. 16, 2013 at 6:37 PM

i love book series

but i hate the fact as soon as one comes out i have to wait forever for the next one LOL

jas_momof2
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 6:39 PM

I actually liked the first few...  but now have to read them all just so I can say I finished them...  Like that stupid 50 Shades series.  I hated it after the 1st page, but my OCD won't let me quit...

Quoting carlyshort:

Sookie was boring to me. Never understood the fascination with that series.

I have read the black dagger brotherhood.I just finished the latest in that series.

Quoting jas_momof2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)