Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Any mom's from Idaho?

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:35 PM
  • 11 Replies

Hello we are moving to Idaho this summer and i was wondering what advice some of you moms that live there have for me for good places to live or places to not live in.  My husband is working in Caldwell so we want to live somewhere around Boise. I've heard Caldwell n Nampa are not the best places to live but rent is so much cheaper in those places. I'm also interetsed in advice on schools. My son will be going into 8th grade and my daughter wil be going into 2nd grade. I'm more worried about my son than my daughter i would rathe find him a good school first then work on a school for my daughter. Pleae if any moms have any advice on these places please let me know.  Thank you

by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:06 AM

Hi! I'm not in Idaho but it's great to meet you! 

You can search for other moms in your area by using the Mom Search tool: Find other moms

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:18 AM
Eagle is nice too. I grew up in Idaho, but live away now.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lilcutie79
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 1:33 PM

i have heard eagle and star are really nice places to live too. I am going to check out those areas when we go visit for spring break.

sarah824
by Silver Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 2:19 PM

My DH was born and raised in Nampa. All of his family still lives there and I don't think it is a bad area. They live a little further out, not right in the middle of town so that might make a difference, but I love the area when we go visit.

TariMeccico
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 4:37 PM

Here's a bump. I'm originally from soda springs Idaho. It's 5hrs from Boise. I don't live in Idaho anymore though hope you get some good info.

lilcutie79
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 7:01 PM

thanks,i figured there would be more moms on here from Idaho.  I tried searching for a group for idaho moms but couldnt find anything.

Quoting TariMeccico:

Here's a bump. I'm originally from soda springs Idaho. It's 5hrs from Boise. I don't live in Idaho anymore though hope you get some good info.

MandaMom23
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 7:05 PM

Good luck with your search.  I hope you find a nice place for your family.

lilcutie79
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 7:07 PM

Thank you

Quoting MandaMom23:

Good luck with your search.  I hope you find a nice place for your family.

RitzCrackerz
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 7:52 PM

I live in North Idaho, Coeur d'Alene and I've lived in Sandpoint roughly 60+ miles from Canada. I have never been down to South Idaho though so can't help you with that lol Although I found a beautiful home for sale in Boise LOL 

Junebaby18
by Bronze Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 1:41 AM
I'm not currently in Idaho, but my sister and her dh and my dad live in Nampa. My dh and I will be moving up near there by next year. We currently live in Arizona and we are tired of the heat, and we want to be near family. I have two friends who just moved or are about to move to Nampa. I was born and raised in Nampa for about 7 years.
It is pretty inexpensive to live there compared to here!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)