Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

most things people list I do on a pretty regular basis. There has to be more like me.

by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 12:26 PM
Replies (11-20):
beadingmom17
by Rachel on Mar. 17, 2013 at 11:36 PM
Same here. Spring cleaning for me is when I can open all the windows and shampoo couches/rugs and take out windows to clean, take down blinds and fan blades to scrub them (instead of the regular dusting and spot wiping down), etc. Also to purge whatever crap we've collected over the year for a garage sale with my friend :)

Quoting KelliansMom:

my spring cleaning is purging the house of stuff we dont need anymore, and washing drapes and shampooing floors and stuff that i dont do on a daily basis 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rust.n.Gears
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 11:38 PM

Yeah I don't get spring cleaning. It is deep cleaning the home which I am doing constantly. Spring cleaning a two bedroom apartment probably seems logical but my house is just too big to do it all at once like that. I pick one room a week and deep clean it. This includes the shed, garage, attic, and the two halves of the basement. It works much better this way.

hugss
Take some *Time Out for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:43 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:10 AM

Yes kind of like you but still try to do other things like decluttering,
Course I try for that all year as well ;)

GagaNTattooS
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:10 AM
Spring painting?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
spooky415
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:13 AM
The only additional thing I really do is go through the previous seasons clothes and get rid of stuff I won't wear anymore and then do the same for the season that's coming up.

Then I just go through my son's stuff. He's five and needs new stuff all the time. Lol. So we gotta get rid of the old stuff.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jonathanmomma
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:17 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm like you! I don't spring clean, I all year round clean... when people post pics of their house or a pic of their kids with a huge mess in the back I cringe! I can't stand messes!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2Angel09
by Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:25 AM

Not spring cleaning.  I do my normal cleaning that I do every week on the duplex we live in.  If I owned a house I may try to take care of it a lot better, but we rent from a guy who does not act like it is a big deal that he never got the place finished before we moved in (Aug 2012).  We have no shower door in my son's bathroom and a sewer pipe he just taped up and no storm window in a window.  The day we moved in we had to call him to get him to put the bathroom door on to the main bathroom ( no hindges or we would of done it) and his wife cleaning supplies was still in the house, so it was not cleaned completely for us.  So don't see why I need it to look better than how he gave it to us.

Paperfishies
by Platinum Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 3:35 AM

I do a "spring clean" at the beginning of every season.  We go through all the closets, all the toys, etc and get rid of anything we don't want or fit.

jeweldragons
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 4:47 AM

No I don't.

PlaysAllDay
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 5:24 AM
I clean my windows every month. That's opening them, remove screen, wipe down. I have terrible allergies so my rugs get cleaned monthly too. I wipe walls weekly, baseboards, vents.

My spring cleaning is outdoor cleaning. I spray the house down, clean the porch and deck. Clean off the outdoor toys and get them ready.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)