Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

tooth pain

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:33 PM
  • 21 Replies
Ds needs to be put out for his dental work, we have to go to children's hospital for the whole thing. We tried the sedation at the dentist no fly. Anyways Ds tooth partially broke off yesterday, and now when he eats on that side he bursts into tears. So he probably needs a root canal, we don't know what he needs because he didn't have xrays done either. Does anyone have an help on what I can do for Ds's pain, I have given both Tylenol and ibprophin, I have no money and no baby orajel.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:37 PM

Do you have actual vanilla extract at your household?  He will be needing to eat soft foods or soup broths until you can get into get it fixed.  If there is any liquor in the house, a tiny dab will do the same as orajel for numbing.  You put on gums not tooth.  Mouthwash may also help.

Bookoholic
by Silver Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:38 PM
Yes I have McCormick pure vanilla extract, and none of the others.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Do you have actual vanilla extract at your household?  He will be needing to eat soft foods or soup broths until you can get into get it fixed.  If there is any liquor in the house, a tiny dab will do the same as orajel for numbing.  You put on gums not tooth.  Mouthwash may also help.

quickbooksworm
by Silver Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:39 PM
If its broken he will need a crown. Broken teeth hurt. Why aren't you taking him to an emergency dentist? They can make a temporary crown.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hypnautica
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:40 PM
Clove oil is what they used on me when I had a dry socket from having my wisdom teeth removed. It taste nasty but it is great for taking pain away.
Bookoholic
by Silver Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:42 PM
He won't let anyone in his mouth unless he is sleeping, unless me we get pain meds or he's sleeping there is really nothing anyone can do he's 3 he doesn't understand that it won't be painful if you let Dr so so in there to fix it. We tried getting it fixed before now, his dentist only goes to the hospital for sleepy dental work once a month.

Quoting quickbooksworm:

If its broken he will need a crown. Broken teeth hurt. Why aren't you taking him to an emergency dentist? They can make a temporary crown.

Bookoholic
by Silver Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:43 PM
I don't think I have any unfortunately thank you tho.

Quoting hypnautica:

Clove oil is what they used on me when I had a dry socket from having my wisdom teeth removed. It taste nasty but it is great for taking pain away.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:44 PM

See if just a dab will help him.  The pure extract has alcohol in it.  That would be the numbing agent.  You may need to call a pharmacy to see if they have any other suggestions.  I have done peroxide rinses for myself in the past 1/2 peroxide, 1/2 water.

Quoting Bookoholic:

Quoting frndlyfn:

hypnautica
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:44 PM
I dont keep any either but I guess I should.

Quoting Bookoholic:

I don't think I have any unfortunately thank you tho.

Quoting hypnautica:

Nicole1357
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:45 PM

This 

Quoting quickbooksworm:

Our God is healer, awesome in power!

Bookoholic
by Silver Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:46 PM
Yeah, I'd be better off doing a salt rinse for him just to be on the safe side.

Quoting frndlyfn:

See if just a dab will help him.  The pure extract has alcohol in it.  That would be the numbing agent.  You may need to call a pharmacy to see if they have any other suggestions.  I have done peroxide rinses for myself in the past 1/2 peroxide, 1/2 water.

Quoting Bookoholic:

Quoting frndlyfn:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN