Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Anyone tried Chantix?

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 11:58 PM
  • 11 Replies
I am trying to make a positive change in my life. So I decided i wanted to quit smoking and eat healthier. Well I think the chantix might be making me angry.I don't just mean a little mad. I mean full blown rip you head off mad.I have decided to stop taking it.Has anyone else had this problem?
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 11:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
misterblackfish
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:03 AM

Yes, I tried it. It made me feel very depressed and that I did not care about anything. Chantix has been known to have side effects of suicide. I was only on it for a month. I could not handle anymore than that.

JCKitten87
by Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:05 AM
I haven't taken it but the side effects are why I haven't. I have chronic depression, so I wouldn't even chance it personally. My dad's ex wife totally lost it when she was on it.

Quoting misterblackfish:

Yes, I tried it. It made me feel very depressed and that I did not care about anything. Chantix has been known to have side effects of suicide. I was only on it for a month. I could not handle anymore than that.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MDJennyJen
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:06 AM
I've never tried it but it made my mom go CRAZY!!! She eventually quit taking it and it did kind of help her quit smoking but i know often she'd get so riled up (while she was taking chantix) that she'd smoke anyways.
FinchsMommy
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 6:52 AM
I didn't have that issue when I took it, but that could be a side effect. I would talk toy our doctor before stopping. Give a call to your nurses line and let them know what's going on. They may prescribe something else.
navewife
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 6:55 AM
I have known a few people who took it and it really messed with them...especially crazy ass dreams...I think that shit is not worth it. It cant be good for you
Had3girls
by Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 7:00 AM
I took it 2 years ago ab4 had no side effects from it and it did help me quit smoking ... Til I ran out of pills .. With in a week I was back to a pack a day =/ good luck
RigPrincess85
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 7:04 AM
Yup my DH experienced the same. He tried chantix before I met him and he said that it literally made him crazy angry. He is not allowed to take it anymore because of this.
scorpiobabes
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 6:55 PM

I took it but had no side effects, but it only took me 11 or 12 weeks to quit. If you're concerned about the anger issue, have you considered trying another method, like taking one of other options-like wearing a nicotine patch or chewing nicotine gum? I smoked over 22 years, but I was also mentally and emotionally ready to quit. Good luck!

Quoting ann202124:

I am trying to make a positive change in my life. So I decided i wanted to quit smoking and eat healthier. Well I think the chantix might be making me angry.I don't just mean a little mad. I mean full blown rip you head off mad.I have decided to stop taking it.Has anyone else had this problem?

PestPatti
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 7:05 PM

I didnt have any reaction to it, I quit smoking.  I had been smoking since I was 16, I quit at 48.  I have been smoke free, since July 15, 2010.

stcfilly
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 7:43 PM

i have not taken it, i quit cold turkey when i got pregnant (not easy!) but as far as the positive changes and eating better, if you're on facebook you should check out my health and wellness group :) https://www.facebook.com/groups/gonnaloseit/?notif_t=group_r2j

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN