Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Need help, Pregnant (maybe) 4 weeks after having baby.

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:23 AM
  • 26 Replies
I gave birth to my handsome boy 4 weeks ago. Here is some backround. DH and I don't use any form of BC, for religious reasons. We resumed DTD right after postpartum bleeding stopped around 12 days postpartum. I am EBF LO, and have never gotten pregnant while breastfeeding (we have several children) Anyway, I bought tons of cheap pregnancy test online because we don't use birth control and I like to test "just in case." I tested 3 weeks postpartum and got a very very very light positive that you could barely see. So I decided to test every few days to see if it fades and I will start getting negatives. A few days later it was negative. A few days after that again negative. I had some nausea and decided to test again today and guess what I have a visible light positive with FMU. And so when I got home tonight I decided to test again (since I have 50 tests LOL) and again visible light positive! Question is, would hormones stay in our body 4 weeks after birth? If so why would my tests be negative and now getting light but stronger positive 4 weeks and a few days after birth!? I very well could be pregnant again, and DH and I would be happy. Now I know many of you don't agree with being intimate before 6 weeks postpartum. BUT this is my body and my and my DH's choice to resume our love life. We, because of religous reasons do not believe in using BC. And if you ladies can not bash and please do not judge our family and or our choice. As obviously you would not want me to judge your family and your choices (I say this, because I know how forums, and boards can quickly become high school drama)Remember "he who has no sin (and obviously being intimate with my husband before 6 weeks without birth control is NOT a sin) cast the first stone" So with all this said, if you don't have advice/info for me then skip this thread please. Thankyou =)
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DACIA79
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:48 AM
2 moms liked this
Happens all the time people go back to there six week checkup and find out there pregnant. including myself most likely its a positive but I would ask for a blood test to be sure.
Nel453
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 3:16 AM

dacia79, this happened to you? How was your pregnancy? And recovery? Thankyou so much!

funhappymom
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:26 AM

Congrats-if you are pregnant.

No judging here.

Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:58 AM

It's likely still the hormones from having the baby? I'm really not sure.

Diana_B.
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:32 AM
Sometimes bf can cause nausea too. Extremely rare but it does happen. I had a bf condition called D-MER that causes too sudden of hormone fluctuations but its temporary and only with bf.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
goddiddlyumshis
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:35 AM
eh, we did it 11 days PP after my csection, lol. bleeding stopped, DR said when i got my staples out if i was comfortable to go ahead and try... so we did. didnt get pregnant until dd was 7 months old.

you can still test positive after having your baby, hormones are still there.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZanderandBella
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:38 AM

I'd go get a blood test...with that being said, I found out I was pregnant when my son was two months old lol

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
11 minutes ago
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:50 PM

I would get the blood test done to be certain,
If you are then congrats & please let us know ;)

bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:52 PM

The best thing to do if you think you're pregnant is to see your doctor for a test to be sure. My girls are only 11mos apart, so I definitely won't judge you. We did wait 6wks because I had a C-section, but as soon as we got the go ahead, we went, lol. ;)

bmcandmmh
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:56 PM
Go see your doctor or even just a phone appointment. I would also google women's hormones after pregnancy. Congratulations if you are. Your kids will be very close in age.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)