Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Today I threw caution to the wind !!!!

Posted by on May. 4, 2007 at 9:49 PM
  • 12 Replies

In life we must take risks......that's always been one of my moto's and today I took a huge leap of faith and feel so great about it.  I quit my job of 9+ years working for the government.  I wan't mad, I wasn't sad, I didn't give "politically correct" two week notice.  I just typed up a very short memo of resignation.  I can't go into all the details of what has led up to this but maybe if you work for a government entity you might understand.  God is filling me up with faith!  I went over to the retirement office, they calculated how much my cash out is and I started laughing and said well that should hold me over for a couple of days.....(years)!  I'm will also cash out our plan similar to a 401k which should hold me over for about another year.  In the mean time, I sent out an e-mail to every agency I know letting them know I was now free and ready to work if they needed someone.  I cannot express in words how good I feel.  So ladies, if you are in my situation and can afford to leave that job that has kept your spirit down and made you feel like nothing you do makes a difference there is help!  I wasn't mad or sad, I didn't cry or nothing...I only told one co-worker goodbye on my way out of the office.  The boss had already left for the day so I slipped the note under his door and I walked out of there with my head held high !!!
Life's too short for me to live in misery.....I took the leap of faith and I know it's all going to work out in the end, it always has.  Smile, I am.

by on May. 4, 2007 at 9:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by on May. 4, 2007 at 9:55 PM
 Flowers Good luck with whatever you do. God will provide. He always has! It is truly a great feeling when you can get out of a dead end job. I know that feeling well. You feel like you could fly. God Bless you and keep you!! He will take care of you!

by on May. 4, 2007 at 9:56 PM
CONGRATS to you....I did the same thing 2 years ago after working for a company for 11 years. I felt a huge weight lifted off of me. I've never looked back. I was free!!
by on May. 4, 2007 at 9:59 PM
Congrats!!! I did the same thing last year when my kids were four months old. It was such a great feeling!! I hope you find a job that really makes you happy. Or just stay home if you want! Have fun!
by on May. 4, 2007 at 10:00 PM
by Cherish on May. 4, 2007 at 10:07 PM
wow, well I wish you luck.  Im sure you will do great in whatever you find.
by on May. 4, 2007 at 10:12 PM
I dont know what its like to work for the govt but if its anything like the bull that you get at other jobs. CONGRATS!!!! I also know how it feels to walk out and not have to look back. Thinking, why didnt I do this a long time ago. And even if you are out looking for a job and it doesnt look too promising at the moment, you always think about that job and say, NO way will I EVER go back!!! There IS always something better.

However, wouldnt it have felt even better to see the look on your boss's face when you handed him/her the resignation and smiled and turned to walk away while he/she was reading it, wondering what to do next?! LOL

Good luck in your future. Seems bright.
by on May. 5, 2007 at 3:30 AM
Isnt it wonderful!? I done that two years ago and took 3 months off and I have not been happier.....
by on May. 5, 2007 at 4:22 AM
Congratulations to you! I had a similar experience 7 years ago, and I have no regrets. Best wishes to you as you continue on your career path.
by on May. 5, 2007 at 9:37 AM
Girl - you sound so content.  You know what you did was the right thing and that's the best feeling in the world.  As time goes by you may have a doubt here or there but just remember how you felt walking out that door and you'll be fine.  When you do something that you really know in your heart was right - things will fall in place as they were meant to.  Keep your thoughts positive and the next phase of your life will pop up in front of you.  Good luck and God bless you!!
by on May. 5, 2007 at 9:45 AM
I dream of doing that every day I come into work!!!! I just don't have that option unless I want to live in a shelter. I'm the breadwinner on my famly and it sucks! It makes me want to quit even more so I don't have that burden of resposibility on my shoulders!!!
Maybe one day I can say, as I walk out the door...
"by the way, I won't be back!"
one day....
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)