Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

need suggestions on a good family.dog

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:36 PM
  • 66 Replies
So when it starts getting warmer i want to get a outside dog.for my boys. we will be outside basically all day once its warm so it will get plenty of attention. i want something protective and good with kids
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wulfeyes05
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:38 PM

Lab, mastiff, dogo argentino, newfoundland

supermom0609
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:39 PM
Ok i said a DOG not a horse lol jk

Quoting wulfeyes05:

wulfeyes05
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:43 PM

Lol I love large breeds and they do good outside.

Quoting supermom0609:

Ok i said a DOG not a horse lol jk

Quoting wulfeyes05:

EsmeVincent
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:43 PM
Question really should be....my area is like this__________most of the time and I have ________age kids and it will be a mainly if no permanent outside dog...what dog is good for us?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EsmeVincent
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:45 PM
Well ours doesn't do well in cold but we have a beagle/Basset mix and he loves to be outside....BUT loves to be with us too so he stays inside mostly
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
supermom0609
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:46 PM
I live on a unused road with no traffic fields everywhere so plenty of roam room my kids are 3 and 6 and im due with a 3rd in august. most of our time will be outside

Quoting EsmeVincent:

Question really should be....my area is like this__________most of the time and I have ________age kids and it will be a mainly if no permanent outside dog...what dog is good for us?

Tigress22304
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:47 PM

We've had a doberman/a rotty and a lab mix as personal family dogs-they were all great,active with the kids,and protective of the home (esp with squirrels and stray kitties lol)

Several family members have had pits that made great pets,collies and even a chiwawa (although I dont care for little yappy dogs)

supermom0609
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:48 PM
Honestly ive had indoor dogs i dont have the patience to potty train them and like i said we will be outside alot during the day i just want a companion for my boys

Quoting EsmeVincent:

Well ours doesn't do well in cold but we have a beagle/Basset mix and he loves to be outside....BUT loves to be with us too so he stays inside mostly

EsmeVincent
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:48 PM
Our dog(beagle/bassett mix) did well wit both of or kids and he's 8 and our kids are 5 & 9months. It depends on the weather in your area really. Any dog is an outside dog as long as they aren't small in a hawk infested area

Quoting supermom0609:

I live on a unused road with no traffic fields everywhere so plenty of roam room my kids are 3 and 6 and im due with a 3rd in august. most of our time will be outside

Quoting EsmeVincent:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
slransde
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:49 PM
English mastiff.. Best dog ever!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN