Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Stay at home moms....

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:07 PM
  • 19 Replies

I need some help/advice. Once I have the baby Im going to have to become a stay at home mommy and I need to be able to work from home but I dont know where to begin. Does anyone know of a legit work from home job that actually works and pays decent. I dont need to make a ton but some extra income would help a lot. Thanks :)

by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrsmata1234
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:47 PM

im a sahm, i run my own business making tutus and crafty things others loveout my home.. id try craigslist sometimes they have some good online jobs.. just watch out for scams. - our try doing school online courses you can get finacial aid to help with some cash for bills you need it for after purchasing ur books.. hope that sorta helps ive been a sahm since my kid was born but i plan to start work after i finish my AA in business.. :) 

bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Mar. 19, 2013 at 2:43 PM

I agree - there are more scams than legit opportunities out there, but you can find something. There are home sales companies like Avon, Scentsy, Pampered Chef, or telemarketing type things with LiveOps or ChaCha. You may also find some in the Marketplace forum of the Frugalistas group:

***Check out The Marketplace!***

Quoting Mrsmata1234:

im a sahm, i run my own business making tutus and crafty things others loveout my home.. id try craigslist sometimes they have some good online jobs.. just watch out for scams. - our try doing school online courses you can get finacial aid to help with some cash for bills you need it for after purchasing ur books.. hope that sorta helps ive been a sahm since my kid was born but i plan to start work after i finish my AA in business.. :) 

LuLuRex
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:52 PM

I know people who make decent money doing direct sales like pampered chef and origami owl. 

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 10:37 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:00 AM

Welcome to the group,
I like some of the suggestions others have shared & hope they will work for you.
Congratulations on getting ready to have your baby . .when are you due?
Nice to meet you :)

AleaKat
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Good luck with that!
Unless you start your own business they are all scams.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dommad2
by Tamara on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:01 AM
I watch other kids.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Nikki.90
by Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:33 AM
My due date is August 16

Quoting hugss:

Welcome to the group,
I like some of the suggestions others have shared & hope they will work for you.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 10:37 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Just around the corner yet stiill plenty of time :)

Quoting Nikki.90:

My due date is August 16

Quoting hugss:

Welcome to the group,

elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:40 PM

Welcome to the group. I agree with the scam part of the online jobs, but a lot of people are doing the sales parties on FB, like Pampered Chef, Scentsy, etc. Good luck!

stayathommom
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:42 PM

I sell Arbonne and love it! PM me if you want more info.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN