Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Contact Wearers

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:17 PM
  • 30 Replies
What brand do you wear?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jellybeanjean
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:30 PM

Acuvue Oasys

MommyLehr
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:31 PM
That's what I used too. But I hated wearing them. Maybe I didn't wear them long enough to get used to them.. But my eyes were always itchy and dry and I would always lose a contact somehow.

Quoting jellybeanjean:

Acuvue Oasys

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jellybeanjean
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:35 PM

I used to wear daily's IMO those were the best...expensive though! I find the Oasys get dirty  and start to irritate my eyes if I wear them for long periods before the 2 weeks is up. I actually don't want to wear them more than a week. But I dont really get out much these days, cept for a few hours here and there so it's not a huge issue right now. I think I will look into a new brand down the line.

Quoting MommyLehr:

That's what I used too. But I hated wearing them. Maybe I didn't wear them long enough to get used to them.. But my eyes were always itchy and dry and I would always lose a contact somehow.

Quoting jellybeanjean:

Acuvue Oasys

jellybeanjean
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:36 PM

When I wear colours I use freshlook colourblends

MommyLehr
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:37 PM
I want to try contacts again... But I'm scared to! and I don't think DH wants to spend the extra money since my glasses do the job just fine! Lol

Quoting jellybeanjean:

I used to wear daily's IMO those were the best...expensive though! I find the Oasys get dirty  and start to irritate my eyes if I wear them for long periods before the 2 weeks is up. I actually don't want to wear them more than a week. But I dont really get out much these days, cept for a few hours here and there so it's not a huge issue right now. I think I will look into a new brand down the line.

Quoting MommyLehr:

Quoting jellybeanjean:

Acuvue Oasys

nikkip1
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:38 PM
Acuvue with hydraclear.

I'm think I'm going to switch to the one you can sleep in. I'm horrible about taking mine out at night.
AtillaTheHun
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:39 PM

I have the exact same issue with them. My next appointment is on Friday, and I will ask the doctor for other contact lenses. It is driving me nuts!

Quoting MommyLehr:

Quoting jellybeanjean:

Acuvue Oasys

jellybeanjean
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:40 PM

Well you can always wear them irregularly. It can get pricey when you have to keep replacing them....but anyway I think irregular wear is better for the health of your eyes anyway. I know people that have messed up their eyes from wearing contacts too much! 

Quoting MommyLehr:

I want to try contacts again... But I'm scared to! and I don't think DH wants to spend the extra money since my glasses do the job just fine! Lol

Quoting jellybeanjean:

Quoting MommyLehr:

Quoting jellybeanjean:

Acuvue Oasys

MommyLehr
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:40 PM
I have astigmatism so Idk if that affects which brand I can get... But I think the kind you change daily would be better for me.

Quoting AtillaTheHun:

I have the exact same issue with them. My next appointment is on Friday, and I will ask the doctor for other contact lenses. It is driving me nuts!

Quoting MommyLehr:

Quoting jellybeanjean:

Acuvue Oasys

krista778
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Coopervision Biofinity torics. I prefer contacts to glasses! I feel glasses are so restrictive to viewing, whereas contacts aren't, I don't have to move my head to look up a little etc.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN