Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Dental Insurance

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:12 PM
  • 12 Replies

If it's not through your job, who do you have?

by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RADmomma
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:34 PM
My husband and I don't have any insurance. His job doesn't offer any.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tairakittie
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:36 PM

I'd like to know this as well, me and SO need to see a dentist and I have no clue which insurance company to go with, and if they are even worth buying in the first place. So far I have checked out humana one and Blue Cross Blue Sheild, they have comparable rates and coverages so I really dont know, but I did google some reviews that said both were crap and not worth it... :(

KelliansMom
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:37 PM

ours is through my husbands work but its MetLife 

mamalusbear
by Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:38 PM

We have Blue Shield through DH's job.  We;ve been very happy with them.

ToriBabe1221
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:39 PM
We are with guardian for dental and vision through dh employer
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
teaching_mama
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:39 PM
I have united health care. It's not very good coverage I would not recommend it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bmw29
by Buttcrackncornchips on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:39 PM

Well right now we are without insurance all the way around. Ds has full coverage but Dh just changed jobs. His company is tiny and until now they haven't offered insurance at all. However the owner found out dh is almost out of his blood pressure medicine and that it will be over $100 to refill it so he offered to pay it this month and he is looking for an insurance plan for the company so dh won't have to go without his meds. Honestly I was worried about this job change because of the insurance and it was also a $4 an hour cut in pay but this place rocks. They have went above and beyond for our family and even paid dh for the full day when he was out for his grandmother's funeral last week and his uncle's funeral the week before. Everyone in the company made sure to stop by the service and pay their respects too. Dh is less stressed and we actually have more money than we had before. Since it looks like they are trying to fix the lack of health insurance there just won't be any downside that I can see. 

I just gave you a novel, sorry about that. LOL

Y2kmomma
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:41 PM
We don't have dental....I looked into getting plans, but it was just cheaper to pay for things ourself. We all have really good teeth, so we only usually get cleanings. I had one filling. Sons haven't had any.
My younger son will need braces..that will be costly though =\
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bmw29
by Buttcrackncornchips on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:41 PM

I've heard that dental savings plans are better than dental insurance for some people. Maybe research what's available in your area.

Quoting tairakittie:

I'd like to know this as well, me and SO need to see a dentist and I have no clue which insurance company to go with, and if they are even worth buying in the first place. So far I have checked out humana one and Blue Cross Blue Sheild, they have comparable rates and coverages so I really dont know, but I did google some reviews that said both were crap and not worth it... :(

oooomelissaoooo
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:54 PM
That's awesome that he's willing to pay that and find ins for them!!!

Quoting bmw29:

Well right now we are without insurance all the way around. Ds has full coverage but Dh just changed jobs. His company is tiny and until now they haven't offered insurance at all. However the owner found out dh is almost out of his blood pressure medicine and that it will be over $100 to refill it so he offered to pay it this month and he is looking for an insurance plan for the company so dh won't have to go without his meds. Honestly I was worried about this job change because of the insurance and it was also a $4 an hour cut in pay but this place rocks. They have went above and beyond for our family and even paid dh for the full day when he was out for his grandmother's funeral last week and his uncle's funeral the week before. Everyone in the company made sure to stop by the service and pay their respects too. Dh is less stressed and we actually have more money than we had before. Since it looks like they are trying to fix the lack of health insurance there just won't be any downside that I can see. 

I just gave you a novel, sorry about that. LOL

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)