Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Possibly pregnant and on BC - thoughts????

Posted by   + Show Post
Hi! My name is Cortney and I'm new to te site! I wanted to get some opinions on my current situation. I have been experiencing MANY pregnancy symptoms lately even though I am on birth control. I started spotting last week(right in the middle of my cycle but only for a day max) and since then, the symptoms have progressed. Sore and very tender breasts, cramping, bloating, darker nipples. I even got a positive test on Monday (yesterday). Went to my dr yesterday after work and urine test game back negative. Took another test this morning but more negatives. I also went for bloodwork his morning but won't get results till tomorrow.
Has this ever happened to anyone and if so, were you in fact pregnant? I am not sure if it is just too early for a hpt to confirm. My hubby is soooo excited. This will be our second child. Could I definately be pregnant even though I am on the pill (loestrin - very low hormone pill).
THANKS!!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:20 PM
Replies (11-18):
forsakenjewl24
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:53 AM

yes happening to me right now! took my BC little different story ....but i am in fact pregnant now just sitting waiting to make sure everything is ok on monday during my ultra sound. i've had complications with my last

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:12 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:05 AM

Welcome to CafeMom Corutney,
As the others have asaidit is possible.
Wait a few days & then maybe test?
Also the blood test would help confirm as well
Good luck & let us know ;)

notabosley
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:11 AM
I've been pregnant twice on two different BC pills. Unfortunately both pregnancy's ended in miscarriages, sorry I am certain you don't need to hear that. Either way, good luck, and welcome to CM.
elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:48 PM

First of all welcome to CM! I agree with previous posters, yes, you could be pregnant. My instinct wuld be to stop the pill, but since yo should be getting results of blood work today, shouldn't matter. Let us know!

WinterRosesmom
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:50 PM
I have gotten pregnant on pills, shot, iud, finally I got fixed my nurse just calls me fertile myrtle lol good luck hun. And welcome to cafe mom
ScrChk23
by Amanda on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:04 PM

I had a similar experience.  Only I never got a positive test.  I was several weeks late.  I had the same symptoms- cramping, breast tenderness, fatigue.  I had a blood test done.  The day before I was to get the results I started.  I was on the Progestrin (sp?) pill.  It is possible you are.  The blood test will tell you for sure.  I was under a lot of stress when my experience occurred.  Are you going through and abnormal stresses right now?

cmbence
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 3:35 PM

Thanks all for the awesome information!  The blood work came back negative so now I don't know exactly what to think!  Im going on Apil 4th for my annual exam so we'l lseethen if anything looks out of the ordinary.

flowerfunleah
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:52 AM

Welcome to Cafemom Cortney! I've never been on birth control and pregnant so I dont know how to help ya :-(( but if you need any support feel free to PM me!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)