Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Eye problem-help?

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:45 PM
  • 5 Replies

On Saturday i woke up with a headache. Other that that i was pretty much fine but noticed i was tired and grouchy. Sunday i stil had the headache. It was in my right temple and the moved to the back of my head and neck. Then I started feeling nauseous and had a few bouts of vomiting throughout the day and i slept on and off. I would feel betterafter each episode of vomiting. By 5pm i felt much better and actually kept my light dinner down. I went to bed early and Monday no more vomiiting but i still had the headache. It was right behind my right eye. I tookit easy and rested. This morning I woke up feeling almost perfect, no headache, I would say I was at 90%. I tried to atch up on the house cleaning and took my shower. That's when i noticed my eye. In the inner corner of my right eye it looks like blood in the white area that reaches almost to the colored part. I know it's not pink eye. I've seen that before on friends kids. I looked it up and find something described as a broken blood vessel i the eye. Anyone have any experince with this?

by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:14 PM
Yes I've hadthis happen before, usually asymptomatic, though. Freaks the kids out ...the force of vomiting probably burst one of the capillaries in your eyeball. In a few days the blood will be absorbed and your eye should clear.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mom23heathens
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:33 PM
Did it happen to you right away or a little later? It just seemed odd that it would happen a whole day and a half later. I just wonder if i just didn't notice bit i thinly i would have. I habeas never had those and it freaked me out. I can see the kids freaked out. My kid was when ahead saw me after school .

Quoting calsmom62:

Yes I've hadthis happen before, usually asymptomatic, though. Freaks the kids out ...the force of vomiting probably burst one of the capillaries in your eyeball. In a few days the blood will be absorbed and your eye should clear.
texasmommy125
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:42 PM

No personal experience, but check with a doctor (if you can afford it) and make sure it's not a tiny anurism in the eye.  They can put you on low dose aspirin to keep it from happening again.  BTW, I had a pulmonary emobolism and that's what they did with me.

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 5:36 AM
When it happened to me the first time, I saw it while putting my face on in the morning. The second time the kids saw it first... I think I had been ill the night before the second time.

Quoting mom23heathens:

Did it happen to you right away or a little later? It just seemed odd that it would happen a whole day and a half later. I just wonder if i just didn't notice bit i thinly i would have. I habeas never had those and it freaked me out. I can see the kids freaked out. My kid was when ahead saw me after school .

Quoting calsmom62:

trainlady
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:49 AM

Why are you waiting and not going to the doctor? There is a good chance you had a minor stroke and you really need a doctor's examine. If it is a broken blood vessel in your eye that is very serious and as I said before why are you waiting to see the doctor? And by the way there is no age limit on strokes. People in their teens have had strokes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN