Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Question for Nurses!!!

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:44 PM
  • 4 Replies

I am in Nursing school and I applied for a nursing externship this summer.. how much do they usually get paid?? just wondering. I wasn't sure how much I should ask for. Around here the CNA's make about $11 an hour starting out. (i'm in Central PA)

by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
AmiJanell
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:01 AM

For my externship I think it was like $11/hour I think... and it was tax free (but then I had to pay it in)

I have to say though, my externship was WONDERFUL... it was the best learning experience ever!  I also was offered my job because of it... made me stand out above other applicants.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:39 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:38 AM

Let's hope others can help as well ;)

Join us at
Time Out for You

SusanD
by Gold Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:47 AM
I had a preceptorship, and it was unpaid. I worked as a student nurse tech and made 18.75.

Pay is REALLY going to depend upon the the region. For example....as a RN I am moving in a couple of months. The job in GA is going to pay me 6.00/hr LESS than I make now in TX. However I have a friend with 15yrs more experience than I have. She lives in anther part of TX and makes 8.00/hr less than I do. I have another friend (in the bay area in CA) and she is a CNA. She makes almost double what I make as a RN.

Have you tried the message board at all nurses.com?
Pna1Dra6on
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:18 AM

Try speaking with the other nurses that already work there and see what their opinions are.  Also, your instructors may have a good idea for what's a fair range. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN