Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Trying to figure out how to word this *UPDATE: I changed my mind*

Posted by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:16 AM
  • 19 Replies

I now have 3 kids with flu like symptoms and fevers absent from my in home daycare. For the first time in 9 yrs I'm thinking about closing down tomorrow to decontaminate. I have two infants in the daycare ( one of them my own only 7 weeks) and one with an infant sibling at home.

Its in my policies that I may have to shut down to decontaminate and that payment is still required for this day.
It sucks for the parents who's kids aren't sick. But I could be saving them more days in the long run because if I , DH, my kids or their kids get sick the daycare will have to be closed for a lot longer than one day!

Will you help me word this? I will probably call everyone tonight but I'm also putting on the website calendar with email alerts sent out. Thanks!

UPDATE: Ive decided to stay open. I am planning on sending an email warning the parents of the illness and a reminder of the policies: 24 hrs must pass before returning after the last diarreha or vomitng episode. And 24 hrs must pass before returning after the fever has broken WITHOUT fever reducing meds. Can you help me word this? Thanks!

by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:18 AM
I forgot to ad that the first one who got sick is back. She followed the 24 hr rule with the fever and throwing.up but she still seems sick. And her mother dropped off this morning and apparently she has gotten it now. Yikes
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BabyGsMommy11
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:26 AM
Dear Parents and or Guardians,

As cold season is coming to an end it seems

many have been afflicted later than normal. Per policy given to you during your initial enrollment I will be closing down on _____ to deep clean and sterilize. Very sorry for any inconvenience this may cause for you at this time.

(Include written policy so you don't have to state they still have to pay)

belindah
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:27 AM

The daycare will be closed to tomorrow so we can sterilize.  We are sorry for the inconvenience, however we are trying to keep your little ones safe and happy.

BabyGsMommy11
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:27 AM
I would also attach your "sick" policy and what is required to return.
wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:29 AM
Thanks ladies. I hate this part of my.business. I'm good with kids...not.this...lol
Jennyanne322
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:30 AM
Shouldn't you give like 24 hours notice for that and why can't you clean it after the children are picked up?
wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:35 AM
24 hrs may be too late. I clean up after the kids all day but I want to do a deep clean which means bleaching every toy, washing their nap time blankets and pillows and so forth. This can't be all done when they are here. Plus if they are carrying or coming down with it the sanitizing is useless.

Quoting Jennyanne322:

Shouldn't you give like 24 hours notice for that and why can't you clean it after the children are picked up?

wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:38 AM
Ok I just rep read what you posted. Desanitizing is a major task. That is why I take a day. Plus it will prevent kids from coming sick.

Quoting wonderwomanT08:

24 hrs may be too late. I clean up after the kids all day but I want to do a deep clean which means bleaching every toy, washing their nap time blankets and pillows and so forth. This can't be all done when they are here. Plus if they are carrying or coming down with it the sanitizing is useless.

Quoting Jennyanne322:

pixie-buttercup
by Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:39 AM

I think this is pretty good! 

But can I ask why you still require payment for that day when you're not going to be taking care of their kids? Just curious....

Quoting BabyGsMommy11:

many have been afflicted later than normal. Per policy given to you during your initial enrollment I will be closing down on _____ to deep clean and sterilize. Very sorry for any inconvenience this may cause for you at this time.

BabyGsMommy11
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:45 AM
I am not OP, but I do in-home daycare. I only charge for days the parents say the kids will be here and then don't show. Obviously there are certain cases in which I allow them to not pay, but when you are a SAHM who schedules her child's activities around the other children's
schedules - damn straight you're gonna pay me if you take a personal day to take your LO to the zoo if my son missed out on art class or toddler time at the library. Things that require preregistration etc.

As for why she would charge for this - personal preference. If she notified parents of the policy when they started...they agreed to it. Their bad.

Quoting pixie-buttercup:

I think this is pretty good! 

But can I ask why you still require payment for that day when you're not going to be taking care of their kids? Just curious....

Quoting BabyGsMommy11:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)