Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I am looking to buy 3 educational tablets for my kids.  I have a 3 year old and 6 year old twins.  I am looking at Leap Frog or Vtech.  Any thoughts or opinions on which is better?  Is there another opinion they is better than both of these?

Thanks.

by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 3:29 PM
Replies (11-13):
AMR320
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:27 PM
Leap Frog gets my vote. I love all of their products!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ImNotKarl
by Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:40 PM

We have an Innotab 2. The batteries shake loose in the tablet and customer service is awful. I've removed all V-Tech off of my baby registry and we're going to buy him a LeapPad this summer. The only reason we wanted the Inno is because it has expandable memory where the LeapPad does not, which is REALLY annoying, since we've already filled his Inno's standard memory and bought an SD card for it. Also, V-Tech has a list of sites for converting things like standard movie files to their format, so my son has a bunch of movies for long car trips, and he won't be able to on the LeapPad. Honestly, if the V-Tech customer service wasn't so bad we'd keep the Innotab and just buy the foam battery housing liners that hold them in place in remotes, but they were awful, so we're so far beyond done supporting the company.

RobinBright
by Gold Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:27 PM

Someone gave one of my boys a LeapPad for his birthday this year, and I think it has been used twice since January.  It didn't catch either kiddo's attention....  Coloring books, Legos, and trains win out in our house!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN