Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

HELP - Going to Disney with 2 YR old TWINs

Posted by   + Show Post

so we are going to disney next month with the family...  there will be 15 adults and 5 boys under the age of 3.  I know - we're crazy... but this is what my mom wanted to do for their anniversary.  

My husband and I have twin boys - 29 months by the time we go in April...

Can anyone suggest :

do we bring our cars seats to use on the plane?  or just skip them and rent seats with the car?

i have 1 stroller that has the second seat down in the cargo area... we dont use the stroller much so its great when i'm in a store since it is single file and compact, but not good for days out... no reclining if the second seat is in place and the kid on the bottom is literally sitting in the cargo pouch.

so do we purchase second single stroller so each kid has a good view and recline?  or are you able to get around with the side by side twin strollers?  I'm thinking Disney is too crowded for that...

or should we rent the city mini's available from off site vendors?  and again, two singles or a twin side by side?

any other advice?

Thanks

by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:14 PM
Replies (11-20):
IAMmomtotrips
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:46 PM
I might add that we had none of the tantrums everyone is talking about b/c we kept their normal schedule...we would go find a quiet place for a nap during naptime and then head in at that normal bedtime...that made it much easier!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LS1030
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:41 PM

You could always rent a double stroller from Disney or Kingdom Strollers once you're down there. I'm going with my son next month and he'll be 10 months old...so I don't think any age is too young for Disney as long as you don't push them too hard, know that you can't do everything and just have fun - and take lots of photos! DO Rider Swap if you are wanting to ride the thrill rides!

Mommy4-27-08
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:50 PM
We just went and took four kids under the age of 6, plus two teenagers and then four adults. It was fine, honestly. I took my two kids last year as well, they were 2 and 3, and it was also great. Just plan for the trip to be all about them and follow their cues. If they ate hungry, feed them. If they are sleepy, let them rest in the stroller. We never went back to the hotel for naps or early bedtime. The kids would fall asleep around 9 in the strollers and we would watch the shows or do some shopping and take our time getting back to the hotel.

Do the rides they want and if they don't want to go on something then skip it and come back later. That is how it worked for us and the kids were pretty easy to handle.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
boppysmom2007
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:09 PM
Why do people always say prepare to tempers I took my then 3 year old he dis just fine I would do it again I am next year thwres so much for little ones to do that they will have a blast go and have a ball use a stroller like u have where its not wide much easier to get around make sure u put them a change of clothws in the carry on is my only suggestion mine puked and we had nothing on the plane

Quoting Aleta775:

You are crazy. My suggestion.......wait until all of the children are 5 or above. THEN go to Disney. You are all asking for misery, and your mom is out of her flipping mind. LOL. Her heart is in the right place, but you will be asking a lot from all of those little ones. Be prepared for a lot of tantrums from tired kiddos.

Aleta775
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:36 PM
I told her to be prepared because little ones can get very tired at Disney. It is a lot to ask of a child that small to spend a day at Disney. Plus, when they are that little they won't remember very much of it. Wouldn't it be better to take them when they will really remember the trip?

Quoting boppysmom2007:

Why do people always say prepare to tempers I took my then 3 year old he dis just fine I would do it again I am next year thwres so much for little ones to do that they will have a blast go and have a ball use a stroller like u have where its not wide much easier to get around make sure u put them a change of clothws in the carry on is my only suggestion mine puked and we had nothing on the plane

Quoting Aleta775:

You are crazy. My suggestion.......wait until all of the children are 5 or above. THEN go to Disney. You are all asking for misery, and your mom is out of her flipping mind. LOL. Her heart is in the right place, but you will be asking a lot from all of those little ones. Be prepared for a lot of tantrums from tired kiddos.

boppysmom2007
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:20 AM

my son is now 5 almost 6 and remebers everything from going on his 3rd birthday we made it a big deal when we went and he remebers it all i do agree with the other ladies let them nap in the strollers when there ready and defintly feed them when they are ready that will help out so so so much

jugglingat the beachscuba

VarelaClan
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:25 AM
Take the carseats. I wouldn't trust rentals.

We've gone with a regular double and a double side by side jogger. The side by side is ok. It for in the monorail and such without folding it down, but it's hard to get around if it's crowded. I would suggest not to get one of those for an April trip. September works for those, but not spring or summer time. I'd either take the one you have or use 2 singles.
Mommy2AmaznKids
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:54 AM

Have fun at Disney!,I recently took my Kids except they aren't twins and they aren't toddlers lol,but I hope you all have fun,I saw a lot of Toddlers at Disney and they all had strollers and a lot of them were in strollers rented from Disneyland,they do not have double strollers to rent at Disneyland and only have single ones,I would say yes Disneyland is a bit crowded for a side by side stroller...

Good Luck

PlaysAllDay
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:18 AM
I just got back from Disney World. My kids are 1, 2 , 5 and 8. There were 4 adults and 5 kids. We took 2 sit n stand strollers because I hate crowds with my double side by side strollers. We had a blast. My 2yo had the most fun out of all the kids.
GaleJ
by Silver Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 7:17 AM
I must say that I personally wouldn't "waste" a trip to Disney with any child under six or seven. We made our first trip with our son for our twenty-fifth anniversary, he was seven and really it was the perfect age, young enough to be able to buy in to the fun yet old enough to both physically and mentally handle everything. In any case I wish you a good and safe trip and hope it works out well for you.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN