Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

HELP - Going to Disney with 2 YR old TWINs

Posted by   + Show Post

so we are going to disney next month with the family...  there will be 15 adults and 5 boys under the age of 3.  I know - we're crazy... but this is what my mom wanted to do for their anniversary.  

My husband and I have twin boys - 29 months by the time we go in April...

Can anyone suggest :

do we bring our cars seats to use on the plane?  or just skip them and rent seats with the car?

i have 1 stroller that has the second seat down in the cargo area... we dont use the stroller much so its great when i'm in a store since it is single file and compact, but not good for days out... no reclining if the second seat is in place and the kid on the bottom is literally sitting in the cargo pouch.

so do we purchase second single stroller so each kid has a good view and recline?  or are you able to get around with the side by side twin strollers?  I'm thinking Disney is too crowded for that...

or should we rent the city mini's available from off site vendors?  and again, two singles or a twin side by side?

any other advice?

Thanks

by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:14 PM
Replies (21-30):
iamcafemom83
by Rah-Rah on Mar. 21, 2013 at 7:21 AM
You're braver than I am!:)

I would take the stroller you currently have & bring your own seats if you are going to have a car. I'm in the boat of not trusting rental car seats. Have fun!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:18 AM

I don't really know about the plane, since we always drive, but as for the strollers, it is pretty crowded. If the twins are the only kids YOU have, I'd take two strollers and have your hubby push one of them. I hope you are staying inside the park, so you can take rest breaks. Check out the Disney group, there is a travel agent who specializes in Disney in the group, and she is great about answering questions, and never tries to push any of her services on you. Have fun!

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Tuesday at 11:12 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:05 AM

Sounds like fun!
I do like the idea of renting the double stroller from Disney,
Take lots of pics & hope you'll share with us :)

jobberwocky
by Chrissy on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:18 AM
I think your children may have to be in their carseats on the airplane. You'd have to check the airlines rules though. Also when we looked into renting a carseat with our rental car it was an additional $10 a day per carseat.
RADmomma
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:30 AM
2 moms liked this
Are you staying on site?

Get the cheap umbrella single strollers. They are compact & light. Get one of the animal back packs for when they want to walk.

I personally wouldn't rent a car seat because you never know the seats history so if your staying on site then don't bother with a seat. The Disney bus can't use them anyway. The plane ride will be fine without them as well.

If your not staying off site & your renting a car just check the seats with the strollers at the gate. That way there is less chance of damage compared to full on checking them.

Bring snacks, coloring, matchbox cars & a few other little things to keep then entertained.

Lollipops will help with the ears popping during take off... Or even gummy snacks.

I'm a Disney aholic so if you need anything else just pm me!!

I'm jealous of your trip. We're not going until 2014. Well have a 6 year old and an almost 2 year old.
SEEKEROFSHELLS
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Get the book," The Unofficial guide to Disney World and Disneyland." Worth it's weight in gold. Can't say enough about the book. How to see the most in a park during the day. What hotel rooms to get in a certain hotel. Where to grocery shop. Secret Mickeys. It's all in there. You will have a great time. I was an annual passmember for Disney World for a few years. That book taught me a thing or two! Good Luck!

RADmomma
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:31 AM
Most airlines kids 2 and older need their own seat but a car seat is not required.
jenven24
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Yeah... I know we are crazy.  Mom always said not until they are 5 ... then she had grandkids and it went out the window.  lol.  I'm not even going to tell my husband about these posts... he has been fighting this for the last year.  I guess i'm going to hear a big fat 'told you so,' from him each night.  

Thanks for all the warnings and suggestions.  I'll check out the Disney group too.

Thanks again

LuvingMy3Girls
by Silver Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:34 AM
What a fun time you will have. We start taking ours at about 9 months. I personally think ages 2-4 are the best at Disney We always just take our own strollers. Don't listen to anyone who says don't do it. Going to Disney with our littles is some of our best memories
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Katt709
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:38 AM

We took our 2 boys last October - 11 months and 3 years. I took a sit n stand stroller which was our saving grace - you can check strollers on the plane at the gate for free. If you don't want a sit n stand any stadium style double stroller is great. You need it for them to nap in - they will need it!  You can also check your car seats for free at the curb. I'd take the car seats - but just sit with the babies on your laps while on the plane and check the car seats. 

Have fun! And make sure you take advantage of the ride swap so you can ride the rides while your SO watches the kids and then you can switch without waiting int he line again! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)