Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

HELP - Going to Disney with 2 YR old TWINs

Posted by   + Show Post

so we are going to disney next month with the family...  there will be 15 adults and 5 boys under the age of 3.  I know - we're crazy... but this is what my mom wanted to do for their anniversary.  

My husband and I have twin boys - 29 months by the time we go in April...

Can anyone suggest :

do we bring our cars seats to use on the plane?  or just skip them and rent seats with the car?

i have 1 stroller that has the second seat down in the cargo area... we dont use the stroller much so its great when i'm in a store since it is single file and compact, but not good for days out... no reclining if the second seat is in place and the kid on the bottom is literally sitting in the cargo pouch.

so do we purchase second single stroller so each kid has a good view and recline?  or are you able to get around with the side by side twin strollers?  I'm thinking Disney is too crowded for that...

or should we rent the city mini's available from off site vendors?  and again, two singles or a twin side by side?

any other advice?

Thanks

by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:14 PM
Replies (41-47):
jconney80
by Platinum Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:07 PM

This is my favorite carriers for babies and toddlers. They go up to 45 lbs http://store.bobafamily.com/baby-carrier

jconney80
by Platinum Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:15 PM

Yes I would not rent a car seat either because they could be unsafe

Quoting jenven24:

i didnt think of the history - more concerned with how grimy a rental carseat would be.  Thanks for bringing that to my attention

Uniquecoolio
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:02 PM

i took my twins all the time starting when they were almost 2. i always used the car seats on the plane and a side by side double stroller. it's a blast!!! have fun!

flowerfunleah
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:41 AM

Oh man! That is quite the task you're taking on mommas!

flowerfunleah
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:42 AM

You're braver than I am lol

Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:47 AM
Take your carseats with you. Renting carseats is as bad as buying a used carseat: you don't know the history of the seat so you don't know if it's safe. But do NOT check your seats for the flight, not even at the gate. They bang and toss those things around...A checked seat is considered a crashed seat.

As far as Disney itself, you're going to have a blast! Make sure to bring lots of sunblock and water, and lots and LOTS of patience! :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:51 AM
Oh and I would get two single umbrella strollers. Super-easy to check on the plane, and great for Disney.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)