Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

lmao they called the cops

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:41 AM
  • 5 Replies
I took my friend to the tax place to pick up her check. Well her check was half of what it was supposed to be so she asked what the deal was. Well the Guy had no clue what was going on. So he went into a little office and was talking with another lady my friend was telling me how awful the place had been the whole time. They lied to them 4 times they had to correct the person doing their taxes numerous times and they act like they don't want to help their customers figure out the issues. I witnessed this and I said yeah I have only heard bad stuff about this place and I go to a different one who is very good at helping with issues.

Well the lady cones out the office and yells at us that if we are going to talk bad about her office we can leave my friend says I am sorry but that is how you guys have made me feel and I will not say another word. She went back in her office we just sat there a couple more minutes then she comes out and says it's something with the IRS you have to calk them. We walk out.

We get home and a cop calls her phone they told the cop we threatened them lmao unless saying we will never go there and tell all our friends is a threat that is the worst we said. The cop told my friend just stay away from that place. Lmao some people I swear.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:53 PM

Honestly, she should contact the IRS to find out why her refund was half what it was supposed to be, and then it may be worth it to have another tax professional, like a CPA or someone, look over her taxes to find out whether that place she took them to didn't do something really screwy. She should also, given the company's crazy reaction, keep a close eye on her credit report to make sure she doesn't fall victim to identity theft. I had a friend go to a local place and they were scamming customers, charging them to file taxes and doing tax loans with the IRS but never giving the customers all of their cash, if they even filed their taxes at all. They were using the place to scam social security numbers and other identifying info off of people. :/

Erna2
by Platinum Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:56 PM

This right here is why I do my taxes myself....

Quoting bamababe1975:

Honestly, she should contact the IRS to find out why her refund was half what it was supposed to be, and then it may be worth it to have another tax professional, like a CPA or someone, look over her taxes to find out whether that place she took them to didn't do something really screwy. She should also, given the company's crazy reaction, keep a close eye on her credit report to make sure she doesn't fall victim to identity theft. I had a friend go to a local place and they were scamming customers, charging them to file taxes and doing tax loans with the IRS but never giving the customers all of their cash, if they even filed their taxes at all. They were using the place to scam social security numbers and other identifying info off of people. :/

bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:59 PM

I started doing mine about 7 years ago, and would never pay someone else to do them again, especially not when TurboTax is so easy to use. :)

Quoting Erna2:

Quoting bamababe1975:

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:02 PM
We always use Turbo Tax.

Quoting bamababe1975:

I started doing mine about 7 years ago, and would never pay someone else to do them again, especially not when TurboTax is so easy to use. :)

Quoting Erna2:

Quoting bamababe1975:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddiddlyumshis
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:04 PM
and this is why i do my taxes myself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)