Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
I have a 6 year old and a 4 year old. They are both picky (in their own way) about what they wear and what they eat. Can someone give me advice on how to make mornings and dinner easier? Thanks.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:17 PM
Replies (11-15):
cassiewal
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:11 PM

I give them about a 1/3 of what I eat. I'm breastfeeding so I use that as an excuse to eat more but I only give them 1/3 of what I get. If it's something they like they will eat almost as much as I do.

cassiewal
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:13 PM

I'm new to this whole Cafemom thing, is there a way to send alerts to my phone? I'm hardly ever on my computer but I'm not getting the updates and everyone's got such great ideas that I don't want to miss them. lol

im_not_trollin
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:17 PM
1 mom liked this

They are children, don't allow them to be "picky". In my house I cook one thing, they eat or don't.... I  generally let them pick out what they will wear for the day, but everything was picked out by me when shopping... I never understood this "Picky kid" thing, they will only be picky if you allow it. JMO.

cassiewal
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:27 PM

I agree with you! Mine are only "picky" when it comes to eating certain foods. My oldest has gone to bed without dinner before because she didn't want to eat. My thing has always been, they will either eat or go hungry. They can only stand being hungry for so long and then they will just buck up and eat. I don't make special things for them though (unless we have steak or fish because neither girl likes either).

mommy_2_be_2010
by Platinum Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:52 PM
Bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)