Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Helpful ideas for decorating the home?

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:06 PM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this
I am doing my spring cleaning this week, getting rid of everything I don't need while also I'll be painting both bedrooms and living room. New carpet is being put in the master bedroom and living room as well.

I need ideas or creative ways to decorate the living room and children's bedroom. My kids are 1 & 3, boy & girl. I am making one wall chalkboard (idea I saw on Pinterest). My living room is going to be "chocolate brown", maybe couple shades lighter.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bellabelle74
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 4:17 PM

Love, love, love Pinterest! I would just stick to that for ideas or try HGTV website for ideas too. I still have too much Mommy Brain to be much help for now, even though, I use to do it for a living.

Froglili
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 4:23 PM

I have seen several kids rooms decorated with a cloud and rainbow colored rain drop theme. I like that it works well with neutral main pieces and brighter color accents and so much can be made cheaply and quickly. Also because your not using just one or two colors you can repurpose nifty stuff without neccessarily having to refinish or paint everything.

SweetMama823
by Gold Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 4:47 PM
Try pinterest.com they have tons of ideas!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HuggaBug1991
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 4:57 PM

Get some accessories to add a pop of color for your living room, like throw pillows, paintings, maybe put a new lamp shade on an old lamp. Orange, lime green, yellow. Put some cute nick-knacks on a shelf or side table. As for you kids room? I'm not sure. What does you kids like, what does their room look like?

pamelax3
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 5:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Pinterest has great ideas.. And I think lowes.com has a decorating feature

l0veliikeW0AHx3
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:04 PM

My son is big into Spongebob, SuperWhy, and Calliou. My daughter loves Minnie Mouse. I was thinking about doing a Mickey & Minnie Mouse themed but then hubby didn't like that idea too much. :-/

Quoting HuggaBug1991:

Get some accessories to add a pop of color for your living room, like throw pillows, paintings, maybe put a new lamp shade on an old lamp. Orange, lime green, yellow. Put some cute nick-knacks on a shelf or side table. As for you kids room? I'm not sure. What does you kids like, what does their room look like?

jconney80
by Platinum Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:22 PM

Have you checked out Pintrest? That is the best place to find ideas!! Good luck! I'm not that great at coming up with ideas for decorating on my own either lol

jconney80
by Platinum Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:24 PM

I love HGTV! I never thought of looking there. Good ideas! I try to pick a certain color scheme and find little items that you can place throughout the area or room to draw those colors out. For example my living room colors are black, red, and white. I have little red glass vases, a white paper lamp, and red pillows on the couch to accept the color scheme.

Quoting bellabelle74:

Love, love, love Pinterest! I would just stick to that for ideas or try HGTV website for ideas too. I still have too much Mommy Brain to be much help for now, even though, I use to do it for a living.

l0veliikeW0AHx3
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:27 PM
bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Alwaysmotivated
by Silver Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Hobby Lobby, Kirklands, Pier One, Home Goods, the minute you get in those stores so many ideas come flowing or at least it does for me.. Oooh I forgot Tuesday Morning, Marshalls and Tj maxxs.. so much stuff for decorating.. Wall hangings, paintings, vase you name it.. Go have fun...Chocolate will go nicely with skyblue accessories..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN