Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

My daughter just got diagnosed with autism

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:11 PM
  • 22 Replies

Hi, I just found out yestersay that my daughter has Autism. I am still in a state of shock. I am eager to talk and meet mothers with similar stories and experiences. 

by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:12 PM

How old is your girl?

SoccerMom632
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:34 PM
1 mom liked this

hey! My 3 year old is autistic. We have an apt at CDRC in May to see how bad and/ if anything else is wrong. He was a real late developer. still doesn't talk good at all and cant jump with two legs off the ground. He does get along with other kids now since hes been in pre-k but does get really violent at times and out of control.  

paganmommy4
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:51 PM

I did read about elimintation diets that might help such as no red dyes and no gluten.. Its not a cure but it might alleviate symptoms. 

You can also google hot docs ( helping our toddlers, developing our childrens skills) http://udini.proquest.com/view/helping-our-toddlers-developing-our-pqid:2133431631/

Its designed to help parents that have special needs children

paganmommy4
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:52 PM

http://www.nasponline.org/conventions/2011/handouts/ms/NASP%202011_HOT%20DOCS%20handouts.pdf

ccmvm
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:41 AM

My DD was diagnosed at  2 1/2, she is 4 now and has come a long way! I remember that day, lots of emotions!! Feel free to ask me anything :)

jconney80
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:08 AM
I've been there and understand what you're going through. My son was diagnosed with ASD and I'm in the process of having my girls evaluated. If you need to talk feel free to message me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SAMI_JO
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:17 AM
1 mom liked this

We have been dealing with it for 11 post diagnosis, but I knew something was wrong the day I brought him home. He is almost 15 now. So I have alot of experiences. Feel free to message me anytime. Or I would be willing to talk to you on cell phone.

SAMI_JO
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:21 AM

I can totally relate to the violence. My son is autistic with many other diag. He is almost 15 is 6ft tall and weighs 285. Imagine that beating the snot out of you every day.

Cubanmom84
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:00 AM
My boy was diagnosed when he was 3 almost four. He is now 6, his non verbal moderate to severe autism. There is a lot of work ahead, take the news as it comes but don't sleep on it, nor dwell, it is what it is and we can't change it, we can only help them as much as possible for them to be happy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rayroe2
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:10 AM
Sorry. Glad you will be getting help

Bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)