Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Salt and Divine Intervention

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:08 AM
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this

Havent posted in a while, but I thought this was worth getting out. A very good friend of mine just had a massive stroke. He is 34 years old. He is single and lives alone. Every weekend he would come to my house, hang out, watch movies, and have dinner with us. All the kids call him "Uncle Jay". They adore him and he adores them. We NEVER see him during the week. Thursday, 3 weeks ago, he calls my husband out of the blue and says "My garage is getting packed full of bottles and cans, can you help me return them?" Of course my husband says "Sure!" They go to the redemption center and return $70.00 worth! When they get back to Jays he askes him to come in for a beer. Of course hubby is all heck yeah! Jay gets the beer and drops it. Tries to pick it up and his arm goes limp.My DH askes him if he's all right and Jay starts to laugh but only one side of his face goes up. DH calls 911. Anyway, basically he saves his life. Im not a true believer, I grew up Catholic, but never bought into that stuff. Now I cant help but think SOMEONE was looking out for Jay. Anyway here we are 3 weeks later, he is paralyzed on his right side and communication is, lets just say, limited. But he did manage to tell us that too much SALT in his diet did this! Im just stunned. 34 and almost killed by freaking salt. I dont know, Im just still like WTF, and I just needed to share. Thanks for listening.

by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommymelissa76
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 6:54 AM

Bump

Nditex
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:06 AM
Ah
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momof2girls89
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:25 AM

I'm very glad your husband was there to get him help and that he is still alive. I hope he gets better soon. 

mommymelissa76
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:29 AM

Thank you. Doctors are optomistic because he got help early and he has age in his favor.

Quoting momof2girls89:

I'm very glad your husband was there to get him help and that he is still alive. I hope he gets better soon. 

carolina_gal
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:53 AM

Sorry to hear about your friend. :o(

mommymelissa76
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:32 PM

BUMP!

gcstar42
by Shara on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:39 PM

Wow I am very glad your husband was there! I am a Christian and believe that God often puts people in our lives at just the right time.

mommymelissa76
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:46 PM

Its just seems to crazy to be coincidence you know?

Quoting gcstar42:

Wow I am very glad your husband was there! I am a Christian and believe that God often puts people in our lives at just the right time.

gcstar42
by Shara on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:12 PM

Yep I know exactly what you mean.

Quoting mommymelissa76:

Its just seems to crazy to be coincidence you know?

Quoting gcstar42:

Mommy2AmaznKids
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:51 PM

Quoting momof2girls89:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN