Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

thinking about continuing your education?

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:33 PM
  • 5 Replies
1 mom liked this

Anyone interested in going to school? you can go to school threw Career Step and get a certificate in any of these area's! it's all online and at your own pace (takes on average 3-6 months)! I've taken the Medical Administration Assistant course and the Pharmacy Technician course, ask me about it! 

Medical Billing
Medical Coding and Billing
Medical Transcription Editing
Pharmacy Technician
Administrative Executive Assistant
Medical Administrative Assistant
Technology
Computer Technician
Microsoft Office
Continuing Education
Medical Transcription Editing Supplement

Low tuition fee's! Can set up payments and military spouses can possibly go for free threw MYCAA. I just want to let you know because being a mom of 2 (a 6 and 1 year old) with a lack of day care or a babysitter.. I was still able to go to school. If one day I was too busy to do some work, it didn't count against me, if I got ahead of my studies... it was easy to take a week off to go on vacation or do what I want. If you want more information just ask :)

by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
edelweiss23
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:34 PM
I think this against regs to post on here

You can't promote businesses on here.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bigmetalchicken
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:09 PM

I am considering getting a master's in music. Not to be a snob, but those certificates are worth about as much as the paper they are mass printed on.

Due9
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:12 PM

This.

Quoting Bigmetalchicken:

I am considering getting a master's in music. Not to be a snob, but those certificates are worth about as much as the paper they are mass printed on.

juggling

jojo_star
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm seriously thinking about continuing on for my APRN degree, maybe becoming a practitioner. 

YoursTruely06
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:04 PM

your probably more likely to get hired when your licensed in these things in the state your applying in and are more likely to get a job then someone who isn't licensed. you could make around $30,000 a year with these certificates vs some who only make $20,000. ofcoarse getting a degree is better then being certified, but some people don't have the funds for college. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)