Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how long does a mri take?

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:46 PM
  • 12 Replies
Hubs had one scheduled at 1145. He isn't back yet and its almost 2! He was told he needed a driver so I'm here..they won't let me back there because the rooms are small and I have all 3 kids. I'm getting so flipping irritated right now.

End rant.I've been here the entire time. When dh and I walked back the nurse was like you need to wait out there. Fine. Whatever. But that over 2 hours ago..blah
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
specialwingz
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:48 PM

It can take a while, depending on what type they are doing.  I am a colon cancer survivor.  I have to get them every 6 months.  I have to drink a "kool-aid-type" mixture which is a dye.  Then, they take the images about 45-60 mins later.  And, the imaging can take time, as well.

Have you asked anyone how it's going, since you are there?

mstricey
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:49 PM
How big of an area? Usually about 30 minutes pre procedure, an hour for the procedure, then recovery from the anesthesia. So about 2 and a half hours.
carlyshort
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:50 PM
Had we been told that. I would have brought lunch. Lol I don't even have my money. He's having it on his arm

Quoting specialwingz:

It can take a while, depending on what type they are doing.  I am a colon cancer survivor.  I have to get them every 6 months.  I have to drink a "kool-aid-type" mixture which is a dye.  Then, they take the images about 45-60 mins later.  And, the imaging can take time, as well.

carlyshort
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:50 PM
Just on his arm/ shoulder

Quoting mstricey:

How big of an area? Usually about 30 minutes pre procedure, an hour for the procedure, then recovery from the anesthesia. So about 2 and a half hours.

carlyshort
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:53 PM
Yea I've asked. They are saying he will be done soon and they can't tell me. Just wait is what I was told.

Quoting specialwingz:

jas_momof2
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:00 PM

They take forever...  Dh had his elbow done and his hip done another time - both were no less than 4 hours...

carlyshort
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:04 PM
We are starving. Like literally I could chew someone's arm right about now....
I had one and I don't remember it taking this long but they also let hubs go back when I had mine.

Quoting jas_momof2:

They take forever...  Dh had his elbow done and his hip done another time - both were no less than 4 hours...

specialwingz
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:12 PM

Sorry.  =/  I know with the kids, it's hard to maintain patience.  *hugs*

One time, it took me extra long because the software kept messing up in the control room.  they had a tech there working on it.

Quoting carlyshort:

Yea I've asked. They are saying he will be done soon and they can't tell me. Just wait is what I was told.

Quoting specialwingz:

jas_momof2
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:15 PM

It always seems longer when you're the one waiting vs having something done to you ;)

Quoting carlyshort:

We are starving. Like literally I could chew someone's arm right about now....
I had one and I don't remember it taking this long but they also let hubs go back when I had mine.

Quoting jas_momof2:

i_am_anonymous
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:16 PM

They can take a while mine took a few hrs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)