Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Bladder Infections..In Adults?!

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:44 PM
  • 25 Replies

Hey everyone!

I'm curious to know who all has ever had a bladder infection? If so what did it feel like? Was there blood? Any advice would help. I'm positive I'm experiencing my very first bladder infection because I have all the symptoms. My husband is bringing me home pure cranburry juice sine we can't afford to see a doctor. Thanks, ladies!

by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KeepOnWalking
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:51 PM

BUMP!

angelay87
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I had a bladder infection once when I was pregnant.  It feels like you have to pee every 5 minutes but when you go, nothing comes.  And yes to an extreme you may see some slight bleeding.  I already had a doctor's appt. for the baby at the time so she just prescribed me something.  Cranberry hopefully should work.  Hope you feel better soon!

KeepOnWalking
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:54 PM

Thank you. It's quite uncomfortable. I hate it lol.

Quoting angelay87:

I had a bladder infection once when I was pregnant.  It feels like you have to pee every 5 minutes but when you go, nothing comes.  And yes to an extreme you may see some slight bleeding.  I already had a doctor's appt. for the baby at the time so she just prescribed me something.  Cranberry hopefully should work.  Hope you feel better soon!

lovemysnugbugs
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:54 PM
Make sure you keep an eye on it momma, and if it doesn't get better you should really see a doctor about it. If it goes to your kidneys, it really sucks. Trust me. Worst pain I've ever experienced.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
.Nobody.
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:55 PM
I've had one before. It was PAINFUL!!!! Keep your bladder empty and drink only water... The cranberry juice is for prevention and it won't help you after the fact (said my doctor).

You should call up some friends/family and ask to bum a few antibiotics. If you don't feel better within a week you should to see a doctor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KeepOnWalking
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:56 PM

I read some stuff on Webmd and it terrified me. I know that if I start having Kidney pain, I'll be seing a doctor. It's just some slight bleeding right now but I have to use the restroom like every 5 minutes. :/

Quoting lovemysnugbugs:

Make sure you keep an eye on it momma, and if it doesn't get better you should really see a doctor about it. If it goes to your kidneys, it really sucks. Trust me. Worst pain I've ever experienced.

DACIA79
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:57 PM
No blood for me but it was frequent urination and a lot of pain. For the pain I took motrin and drink tons of water and cranberry juice but if there's blood you probably need a antibiotic.
KeepOnWalking
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:57 PM

Okay, thank you!

Quoting .Nobody.:

I've had one before. It was PAINFUL!!!! Keep your bladder empty and drink only water... The cranberry juice is for prevention and it won't help you after the fact (said my doctor).

You should call up some friends/family and ask to bum a few antibiotics. If you don't feel better within a week you should to see a doctor.

divinedimension
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:58 PM
1 mom liked this
I used to get them incessantly. Take over the counter Azo Standard, take cranberry capsules and drink vinegar as you can tolerate it
MrsImperfect
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:59 PM
Im prone to those damn things. I get those and UTIs every 3-6 months. You need antibiotics to get rid of them. Its painful in your lower abdomen. Sometimes lower back. Burns and hurts to pee. It smells like a sewer and your pee is cloudy. You also cant hold your it and have to go more often with little coming out. Blood is a bad sign. Either way antibiotics are the only cure
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)