Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Sams Club .....

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:22 PM
  • 23 Replies

I just got a member ship and dont know where to start!  There is so much there.  Whats your fav thing to get there?  What do you get there that saves you the most $ ?

by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2maryjoseph
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:30 PM

I use to get diapers and formula there.  Now its juice boxes, clothes, and school supplies.  Washing detergant and dog food are also bought there regularly.

k9l1c5
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:39 PM

I love Sam's Club! They have a really good price on chicken breasts ($1.88/lb here), tenders and salmon... we buy packs of those every couple of weeks and wrap them up and freeze them, pull as we need them for dinners... we also buy the box of gallon freezer bags from there. I get solo brand coffee cups and lids there so DH takes his coffee in the morning instead of stopping somewhere to buy it. Those are the things that we buy the most. We all love havarti cheese and they have a good danish havarti that we get for about $9 a block. They have very big and yummy desserts! Cakes for parties, we get pies there for Thanksgiving... they are so much bigger than at the grocery store and cheaper too.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
silverdawn99
by Jamie on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:40 PM
I get snacks, detergent, meat and other stuff
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
k9l1c5
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:40 PM

Oh I also buy their brand of baby wipes and just realized when I was there the other day that their Tide is 170 oz for $19 and change... and that is about the same price as the grocery store here for 20 more ounces!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
mommyof3-2008
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I notice the chicken prices and salmon were really good.  I was very excited when I saw those last week lol

Quoting k9l1c5:

I love Sam's Club! They have a really good price on chicken breasts ($1.88/lb here), tenders and salmon... we buy packs of those every couple of weeks and wrap them up and freeze them, pull as we need them for dinners... we also buy the box of gallon freezer bags from there. I get solo brand coffee cups and lids there so DH takes his coffee in the morning instead of stopping somewhere to buy it. Those are the things that we buy the most. We all love havarti cheese and they have a good danish havarti that we get for about $9 a block. They have very big and yummy desserts! Cakes for parties, we get pies there for Thanksgiving... they are so much bigger than at the grocery store and cheaper too.

starbuckmom03
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:27 PM

We buy meat, fruit, dairy, paper goods, wipes, diapers, baking supplies, movies, clothes, etc.

bearsbabies
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:36 PM
Toilet paper
Paper towels
Sink scrub sponges
Dog food
Chicken frozen and canned
Eggs ( we get 5 dozen)
Canned veggies
Pam spray
Trail mix
Milk
Bulk greek yogurt
Those r my favs
Beautifulmom513
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:39 PM

we mainly use ours just for things like toilet paper, paper towels, diapers and wipes. we don't really buy much food there just because we are a family of 4 with only 2 adults and 1 baby and a 10 year old. everything they sell is just way too much for our little family and we can only freeze so much. but a must food item when we go there tho is their boxed muffins. they have a few different flavors. but they are the best muffins ever. I always get at least 2 boxes everytime I go. occasionally we will pick up one of their rotisserie chickens or prepared pizzas that just need to be thrown in the oven. but that about it.

bearsbabies
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:47 PM
Toilet paper
Paper towels
Sink scrub sponges
Dog food
Chicken frozen and canned
Eggs ( we get 5 dozen)
Canned veggies
Pam spray
Trail mix
Milk
Bulk greek yogurt
Those r my favs
blondieinva80
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 6:03 PM
Milk,meats,wipes,fruit and veggies,eggs
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)