Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

daughter and tummy issues scope on monday

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 6:21 PM
  • 3 Replies
Hi all. Havent been on cm in forever! i am in need of some insight. My 5 year old daughtet has been having belly issues. She had a xray when it first began. They said she was very constipated. Did miralax and her pain got worse. Went to gi he put her on ptevicid, even though i dont believe she has reflux( could be wrong, im no dr) he also had us do a clean out of her system.she has also been placed on senna ( prevents straining) and bentoyl (bowel spasm med). This hasnt helped. So we now get the scope on monday. she has alwaysbcomplained of pain high up in the belly and hasnt indicated anyplace else.

Anybody ever experience this? Did they find anything other than reflux or food allergy?
Im not scared for her to have the procedure. I know its quick and pretty much painless. I just feel so bad my baby is hurting.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 6:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 6:26 PM

My middle son had a scope due to those same issues when he was 1(they were primarily scoping for Celiac Disease). It came back clear with a little reflux(he was on prevacid for a few months, with little change)... they had him on miralax indefinitely for constipation issues but that was causing him to lose weight (IMO it was just flushing out any nutrition he was taking in) plus it really wasnt helping the constipation all that much....years of no answers and when he was 7 I was so tired of seeing him in pain from his tummy aches I decided to take him to an acupuncturist. She suggested limiting his gluten intake and it has been like night and day!!! He is has been gluten restricted for nearly 2 years now and he hasnt had even on bout of constipation....

juansmommy
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 6:32 PM
Thanx for the info :-) i agree with the miralax thing. She is tiny to start with and many times is doubled over in pain. She has lost a little weight as well. Dr doesnt seem as concerned about it as i am. The pain is so high up. We have been to er as well they are just baffled. Blood work came back normal so no answets there either
Shes 5 and weighs 31lbs
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 6:35 PM

that is exactly like my son!! He is 9 now and weighs 42 lbs...If you dont get answers I would really look into trying gluten restriction. 

Quoting juansmommy:

Thanx for the info :-) i agree with the miralax thing. She is tiny to start with and many times is doubled over in pain. She has lost a little weight as well. Dr doesnt seem as concerned about it as i am. The pain is so high up. We have been to er as well they are just baffled. Blood work came back normal so no answets there either
Shes 5 and weighs 31lbs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)