Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Can divorce actually be good for your kids?

Posted by   + Show Post

Do you think divorce can actually be good for your kids?

Do you think couples should avoid divorce when they have young kids?

punching

by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 6:48 PM
Replies (11-20):
Mrs.Godfrey
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:22 PM

I strongly believe marriage is forever... but after 8 years  i found my self in a divorce... not by my choice.... but in the end... i found my self with happier children  and a life i never knew exsisted... i still dont believe in divorce... but it is not always a bad thing... when it comes to the kids

nocalmegan
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:58 PM
My parents did divorce until after I moved out and my brother and sister were 16 & 15. It made my dad a terrible, miserable, hateful person. I wished they would have done it sooner. They were unhappy a long time and stayed together for us kids.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
shoot4thestars
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:04 PM

I guess it would depend on the situation.  I grew up with parents constantly fighting, splitting and getting back together and the cycle repeating itself a few dozen times.  Life, for my sister and I, would have just been so much better if they could have atleast made a final decision.  Unfortunatly, they still have not yet.  They divorced 5 years ago again, and now just go back together again.  I don't get them at all.   If they would have stayed divorce when I was younger, that would have been the better decision, because then I wouldn't have had to wake up to them screaming at each other.  I hated that so much more than them living apart.

momma4vr
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:13 PM

in my instance... yes it is.

Crashly
by WINNING! on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:14 PM
It was good for my dd. her dad and I never really fought but we just couldn't stand each other. There was always a negative energy around. Both he and I are much happier now and so is dd.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tyrelsmom
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:16 PM
Hell yes. My parents should have divorced YEARS earlier.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lovinmama411
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:19 PM
Yes, it can be. When I was 11 my mom and dad got divorced, I have to say it was one of the best days of my childhood. The relief and stress lifted off me was great. I still got to see both my parents but we were all much happier!
2012Rabbit12
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:38 PM

in some cases, alot of kids would be much better off if their parents seperated. it could help prevent alot of trauma in their life.

taniamorse85
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:38 PM

In the case of my parents' divorce, it was definitely a good thing.  My mom was ready to kill my father after his arrest.  Anyway, the divorce got my brother and me away from a pedophile, so it was definitely a good thing.

imuney
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:58 PM

When it is the lesser of 2 evils...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)