Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

my daughter how can i help her?

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:50 PM
  • 10 Replies

mydaughter was raped this summer at a party . I have fought hard for the dna NOT TO LYE ON THE SHELF I threaten to go to the media if things did not change we should get the dna back next week . .the detective proceeded to tell me if the boys dna showed up as it was a gang rape then it would not go to trail it would be pleaded out .Iam not going to stop my daughter deserves justice and this case should go to grand jury how can i fight this ?

by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
imuney
by Platinum Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:00 AM
1 mom liked this

I dont know,but I would start with a good lawyer who can guide you. Best wishes and please dont give up. YOur dd is lucky to have you.

nurse1997
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:00 AM
2 moms liked this
HANG IN THERE MOMMA GET A GREAT LAWYER AND NAIL THE BASTARDS TO THE WALL YOU MIGHT HAVE TO FIGHT BUT STAND STRONG AND HOPEFULLY YOU GET JUSTICE FOR YOUR DAUGHTER !!
Kaylawv2
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:01 AM
Oh no I'm so sorry. Do you have an attorney
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:16 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:31 AM

Welcome to the group,
So sorry this happened to your daughter
I would fin a very good lawyer & do everything in your power to get these boys.
Hang in there & let us know what happes.
Hugs to you all!

extentions
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:25 AM

Dear mom,, the detective tells you that the matter stands a risk to be   pleaded out???Hes  a  DECTECTIVE not a crimal lawyer,,i think u should gang up with some social organization,, or Church ,, so they could HELP u ,,  EsP  to HIRE a private criminal lawyer,, good luck

Reina13
by Gold Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:16 PM
1 mom liked this

You need to talk to a womens rights group, a rape survivors group, a child advocate, legal aid or someone. If there is enough DNA to convict, then why would they want to plead out? Definitely get in contact with an organization that can help you and your daughter. Once they have the evidence back from the lab, I would be all over the DA's office pushing for a trial.

trainlady
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 1:55 PM

Do you have an attorney? And is your daughter and yourself in counseling to help both of you get through this mess? But start with the attorney and legal advice.

jojo_star
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 2:21 PM

Get a good lawyer, he/she should be able to help you. And make sure your daughter gets some help as well, counseling or therapy. 

Breezy52
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 5:44 PM

Thank you I found some groups advocate groups and and advocatelawyer.Thanks so much sometimes you just get in afog and she is going to counseling , I am thinking of it.

texassahm
by Gold Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 6:38 PM

You should report it to the media.  Nancy Grace and Jane Valez Mitchell love to report on stories like this.  

http://www.hlntv.com/shows/nancy-grace

http://www.hlntv.com/shows/jane-velez-mitchell

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)