Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Those of you married atleast 5 years ...question

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:57 PM
  • 196 Replies
2 moms liked this
Looking back did you know he was the one right away? I know every marriage has its rough spots so Im not asking if there have been hard times,but Im wanting to know was there a moment in the begining where you just knew that this/he was special and different than the rest? I always thought that was just in the movies and figured I shouldnt bank on ever having that experience,but then I run into so many ppl who say that it is real.Im also interested in hearing from those of you who didnt know right away but have grown to know that he is the one. Thanks!
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nurse1997
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:03 AM
6 moms liked this

YES I KNEW THE FIRST NIGHT I WENT OUT WITH MY HUSBAND AFTER OUR FIRST DATE I CALLED MY GRANDMA TO TELL HER THIS WAS THE MAN I WAS GONNA MARRY 3 MONTHS LATER WE WERE MARRIED 17 YEARS LATER STILL IN LOVE 99 PERCENT OF THE TIME LOL

shyanntech
by Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:05 AM

it was are first kiss.. i knew it was him.. now 10 years later and still going strong hes great.. now if  i can get him to move away from the state we are in for a better home time that would be great.. but i wouldnt have anyone else..

lovinmyboys...
by Gold Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:08 AM
Yes. I knew the first night we met...and we have been together 18 1/2 years and married almost 16 years. Still very happy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
dallascowboys82
by Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:08 AM
Not right away, it took a month before I could give a yes for sure. I wanted to see him with my kids first before I said yes he is the one.
strawberryLVR
by Gold Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:10 AM

sort of, i just had felt like i'd met the male verson of myself. things just sorta worked. I still knew it was my choice and everyone has rough spots. But Iwouldn't trade my issues for anyone elses. you just have to both be willing to commit to making it work. it's 2 people who are choosing to commit and be together and suffer through hard times. choose your love, love your choice.

Carmel63
by Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:11 AM

It took a few dates, but I think we knew early on.  We have been married 22 years.

xSPLENDIFEROUSx
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:11 AM
4 moms liked this

When we were friends, I never thought we'd be together.  It took him being with another girl for me to even realize that I had a crush on him!

After we got together, I knew right away I was falling for him.  We were only dating two weeks and I said to him, "I need to know where you want to go with this relationship, because I could fall in love with you and if that's not what you want, you should tell me right now."

He told me he loved me :D  We just celebrated our 9th anniversary last week.

imuney
by Platinum Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:14 AM

Wow.

imuney
by Platinum Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:15 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting strawberryLVR:

sort of, i just had felt like i'd met the male verson of myself. things just sorta worked. I still knew it was my choice and everyone has rough spots. But Iwouldn't trade my issues for anyone elses. you just have to both be willing to commit to making it work. it's 2 people who are choosing to commit and be together and suffer through hard times. choose your love, love your choice.

Love that part :)

ebbierowe
by Ruby Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)