Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

has anyone else ever had this happen

Posted by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 2:26 AM
  • 12 Replies
My mom can't EVER get vaccines, because if she does she gets that virus. She got the tetanus and got lock jaw in her twenties, and had measles or mumbs vaccine as a kid and got it. So she took the chance and vaxed her kids, five of the six kids she has, has had chicken pox five of six have been vaxed for it, and four of the five have had chicken pox. I also decided to vax my son who now has chicken pox, so it looks like for my family its pointless to vax for the pox because we get it anyways. My only problem I've never had it, and right now no one can help me take care of my son.

so I'm curious if anyone here has had themselves or a relative not be able to be vaxed because of the probably of contracting the virus itself?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 2:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lovemyshadows
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 2:30 AM

I've never heard of that before.  I wish I could help you.  Wash your hands frequently.  Good luck.

Bookoholic
by Silver Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 2:34 AM
Its like 1 in thousands that it happens too. But rarely it does happen, I joke that my mom already has the immunity to fight the virus off but its more likely she has enough immunity that if she came into contact with it it would affect her as bad as the rest of the world.

Quoting Lovemyshadows:

I've never heard of that before.  I wish I could help you.  Wash your hands frequently.  Good luck.

jennie2263
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 2:41 AM

yes I have heard of that. I actually have the same problem and so does my oldest daughter. I got vaxed for the chicken pots when I was young and started breaking out the next day. My daughter always gets extremely sick after having them. They are doing studie now though that are showing that children that do not get vaxed actually have stronger immune systems and are less likely to get them anyway. I think that there needs to be a lot more research done of both ends of that though.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 2:47 AM

I have heard of it yes.  You need to be careful or see if the doctor test you to make sure you have whatever antibodies to fend these things off.  I knew a girl who had chicken pox 3-4 times .  I only had it once and now am very careful not to get shingles.

Bookoholic
by Silver Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 2:49 AM
My brother got chicken pox twice, once normally, the second time in his lungs. There's not much the drs can do to find out if I'll ever get them or not, I already asked.

Quoting frndlyfn:

I have heard of it yes.  You need to be careful or see if the doctor test you to make sure you have whatever antibodies to fend these things off.  I knew a girl who had chicken pox 3-4 times .  I only had it once and now am very careful not to get shingles.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 2:54 AM

My guy got them in his 20s by working in a nursery at church 30 out of 31 children got them as well as any adults who were not exposed before.  It was in his ears and caused partial hearing loss.  DD has had the vax so time will tell if she will actually get them.   My mom has a picture of me covered in calamine lotion holding my newborn brother  LOL.

Quoting Bookoholic:

My brother got chicken pox twice, once normally, the second time in his lungs. There's not much the drs can do to find out if I'll ever get them or not, I already asked.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Bookoholic
by Silver Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 3:00 AM
Lol, because of all my health problems in the late 80's early 90's the drs told my parents not let me get the chicken pox if possible because they didn't know at the time how it would affect me. Now a days I and probably most drs wish my parents hadn't listen to the drs.

Quoting frndlyfn:

My guy got them in his 20s by working in a nursery at church 30 out of 31 children got them as well as any adults who were not exposed before.  It was in his ears and caused partial hearing loss.  DD has had the vax so time will tell if she will actually get them.   My mom has a picture of me covered in calamine lotion holding my newborn brother  LOL.

Quoting Bookoholic:

Quoting frndlyfn:

Lovemyshadows
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 3:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Bookoholic:

Its like 1 in thousands that it happens too. But rarely it does happen, I joke that my mom already has the immunity to fight the virus off but its more likely she has enough immunity that if she came into contact with it it would affect her as bad as the rest of the world.

Quoting Lovemyshadows:

Poor Mom it probably be 10x worse.  You have a weird family!  

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Mar. 24, 2013 at 3:32 AM

No, we do not have that issue.

Bookoholic
by Silver Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 3:41 AM
Yes I do lol

Quoting Lovemyshadows:

Quoting Bookoholic:

Quoting Lovemyshadows:

Poor Mom it probably be 10x worse.  You have a weird family!  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)